Randy Shannon Fired for U of Miami

let this be a note that they at least wont settle for being average... this is what has to happen if you want to be the best... and its obvious iowa is OK with being in the middle of the pack every season...

congrats MIAMI FL

Miami has also won multiple National Championships over the last 30 years. 7-5 is usually a fire-able offense for a program like that. Just look at what happened to Lloyd Carr.

Miami has also won multiple National Championships over the last 30 years. 7-5 is usually a fire-able offense for a program like that. Just look at what happened to Lloyd Carr.

I just said that on the Mich board and they keep wanting to claim that Lloyd Carr resigned and that he wanted resign in 2006 anyway.

I think calling for a firing at 7 and 5 is a little over the top. Understand that when Miami has had sustained success, it has been followed up shortly after that with NCAA investigations and allegations. Dennis Erickson, Butch Davis, heck I even think Jimmy Johnson had issues.

I'm not calling for KF to be fired but I'm calling for a change or two to the staff to move them into the new era of football. Iowa needs or should have the ability to have more than two cornerbacks on the field at the same time and also more than three widerecievers on the field at the same time. It's ok to take advantage of the opposing teams weakness on either side of the ball, it's ok to run a play that works more than once, it's ok to hit the opposing QB by using a blitz. It's not ok to sit back in same damn defense on 3rd and 9-10, allow a completion and then allow the reciever to get the first down. Tackling today was very, very sad to.

Since 2007 (Randy Shannon's first year) Miami's record is as follows:

Winning % = 56%
Conference Winning % = 50%
Bowl Record = 0-2 (2010 yet to be played)

Since 2007 Iowa's record is as follows:

Winning % = 66%
Conference Winning % = 59.4%
Bowl Record = 2-0 including 1 BCS bowl win (2010 yet to be played)

So although they posted the same record this year, their performance over time is not comparable. And Shannon certainly wasn't fired based solely on this year's performance.

apples and oranges. he will be a good coach somewhere. hey what does seantrell think of his decision now! lol, the last two places he went the coaches either left or got fired! lol, that is funny. They are not hanging the losses on the injury bug, tough luck for him. Remember this is not the first time that iowa was ranked to start the season and finish unranked. it has happened multiple times here, how many chances do other coaches get?

Um....you need to look at something else in the ESPN article that reports the Shannon firing - today's loss was to USF, and their stadium had about 45,000 empty seats. That doesn't happen at Kinnick when we play UNI. The Miami AD can't afford, financially, to have that continue - almost like the Lickliter situation here last year. As long Kinnick is full for every game, I don't think Barta would fire Ferentz for 7-5 or even 5-7.

Latest posts