Racism coverage

Hillcrest1981

So with both games Iowa has played so far, The BiG Ten network and ESPN have brought up the racism claims and players lawsuit. Do you think this will continue with every game this season or do you think it may die away? Not only are they talking about it they are bringing up graphics bullet pointing the story. This will have an effect on recruiting and I cringe every time it comes up. Don't get me wrong, I think the Ferentz staff should be gone. That is the only way this will go away. Unlike the Rhabdo situation, I feel this will not go away until we have a new staff and even then the Iowa stigma is damaged as broadcasters will continue to bring up as the staff that replaced the Racist Ferentz staff.

Brian has to go. He has to come to that realization on his own and Ihope he figures it out now. I hope he steps down. This offense is dead. Its not talent and its not scheme. The players hearts are not engaged in my opinion

The entire staff should go, not just Brian. The apple doesn't fall far the tree.
I’m not of the mind that the staff needs to be cleaned out from what transpired over the off-season alone. Combined with what we’ve seen through the first two weeks of play? I’m all for a fresh start.

It is an ugly thing and surely will affect recruiting. I could see them surviving this, but could also see them not. Winning heals alot, but this kind of healing is hard for these guys. The defense improved from game 1 to game 2 but the offense did not.

Parker can get the job done and he's proven it year after year. Brian has not, and is not. Brian has not been successful in winning over his players it seems nor running the offense. If he wasn't the coach's son he would be on the hot seat or already gone.

Moved.

These posts go in the Open Discussion forum.

I think this does pertain to football though.

It's getting annoying every telecast has to keep bringing up the racism issues. I'm glad they were brought out and, hopefully, being dealt with but I don't need to be reminded while watching the game.

I think this does pertain to football though.

It's getting annoying every telecast has to keep bringing up the racism issues. I'm glad they were brought out and, hopefully, being dealt with but I don't need to be reminded while watching the game.
While I don't disagree, these threads inevitably derail into shit shows. There hasn't been one yet that hasn't. I'm not deleting them, only moving them here, so I don't see much difference since the same conversation can still happen. It gives people a choice and allows them to either see it or not.

If a poster doesn't want to wade through arguments about race or politics, or any other polarizing topic, then the main forums are free of them. If they enjoy that kind of banter, this forum is here for their indulgence. I haven't deleted a single post in this forum and I won't unless it involves threats, offensive images/video, spam, or if it totally derails a valid discussion. In those cases I'll just split the threads off into separate ones.

That was the deal...people can talk about [insert trigger topic here] in this forum till they're blue in the face without someone telling them to knock it off or deleting posts. In return, folks on the sports boards don't have to weed through it. It's good for the goose and the gander.

Actually , the only people mad about it are mad because they want to post it on the main boards. They aren't interested one bit in people hearing their message, they're interested in baiting the folks who think the opposite of them. Now they have a place they can do that if they want, mostly unencumbered.

Much like it's annoying to keep hearing about it on tv, it's also annoying to hear about it in the sports forums.

Last edited:
I guess my opinion on the matter is if they're going to call out and discuss the same dirty laundry other programs are going for then its fair game. It may be because I'm a homer and simply didn't pay much attention in the past, but I don't recall them going out of their way now or in the past to constantly bring this shit up game after game for other programs. All I want is consistency. If it's going on elsewhere and being brought up in every broadcast then I'm totally fine with it, but if not then it shouldn't be brought up or they need to start piling on other programs.