Quick technical question on coaches box

longtimer

Don't the lines drawn on the court (i think 28 feet from the endline) supposed to reflect the end of the coaches box which coaches are to stay within? I was watching Michigan State play and Izzo was practically past center court! No coaches abide by it and no Refs enforce it. Did I miss something in regard to a rule change and if so maybe they should remove those silly lines

Refs are closer to giving Izzo his own whistle than they are to T'ing him up.
Coaches that wander around the stadium, Izzo, Crean, Miles, every coach in the big ten, Iowa's state's coach....., who can't leave his bench without drawing a tech. foul? Fran.

Coaches that wander around the stadium, Izzo, Crean, Miles, every coach in the big ten, Iowa's state's coach....., who can't leave his bench without drawing a tech. foul? Fran.
It doesn't make any sense. Fran's an east coast guy and he has a mafia guy on his staff. You'd think the refs would respect a little bit more.

It doesn't make any sense. Fran's an east coast guy and he has a mafia guy on his staff. You'd think the refs would respect a little bit more.

Lol maybe we should be making them offers they can't refuse.

not a well-known fact tk, you need to spread the news far and wide. I suggest Facebook as your instrument

Diverting here with another question.

Watching many games yesterday, team trailing does the “roll in” out of bounds to save clock.

Does the five second call go until the ball is touched or thrown - rolled in? Because I see many five counts being missed when ball isn’t picked up until half court, if it’s the former.

Diverting here with another question.

Watching many games yesterday, team trailing does the “roll in” out of bounds to save clock.

Does the five second call go until the ball is touched or thrown - rolled in? Because I see many five counts being missed when ball isn’t picked up until half court, if it’s the former.
After it's thrown in. And the same thing with the ten second half court line. It was implemented sometime in the late eighties and obviously hurt pressing teams like Iowa. We got a ton of turnovers in Davis first season with that team plus the old rules. The way it is now is probably easier for the officials however.

Izzo has been ignoring the coaching box since it was created. The guy gets away with more than any coach out there. It would actually be quite entertaining for an opposing fan base to bring some type of noise maker or start a chant every time he leaves the box. Something annoying like the Mississippi State cowbells would work. ;)