Question RE: Hotels in Columbus

Let me get back to you in a little while on this. I stayed in one 2 summers ago that was in walking distance. I'll just have to remember the name of it.

From my days at tOSU the only real close hotel was the Holiday Inn right across the street. I hear that is being changed to dorms as the U bought the property. Not sure if that has already happened or not. It has been twelve yrs since my last trip there. It was a great location and right next so some great parties.
If still there, no way you get a room at this point. Anything downtown is a short drive/cab ride to the university. Otherwise use internet search and use map function. I would stay away from the hotels near the fairgrounds, unless they have been remodeled. They were real @#$% holes. I will be going back for the game too and will most likely be downtown.

Have a great trip, Columbus is a great city. Go hawks.

Scratch what I said above. After doing a google search for Columbus, there are quite a few hotels just north of campus on Olentangy River Road. These are all closer to campus than downtown would be. Also close access to High Street.

1. Holiday Inn (328 W. Lane Ave.) is a huge party spot (right next to all the bars) and very close.
2. The Blackwell (2110 Tuttle Park Place) is right next to the stadium... an OSU hotel that's pretty upscale I believe.
3. Red Roof Inn (441 Ackerman Road) is further north from the stadium, but still pretty close.

Hope that helps!

Latest posts