Question on field turf changes in Indy....

kmotuffe

Just curious, but how do they patch in B1G logo's, the 50 yard line logo without it being noticeable as a change in the turf? The endzones are a bit different as they are colored.

I have a hard time believing the B1G creates or pays for a whole new field just for this one game.

Someone in the fake grass department clue me in.....

I want to know the science behind this!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1KR7TfJJ-U]Removable Field Marking Paint for Synthetic Turf Sports Fields - YouTube[/ame]

Water soluble paint? Really?? Not sure i buy this, unless i i see some players really start wearing that paint.

No way I believe that the big 10 pays for a whole new field turf field, especially with the endzones, they would have to do this every year!

No way to change out the entire field.....

The paint solution is much more realistic. Just weird though, they would FIRST have to paint over ALL the Indy BS, THEN paint B1G stuff and endzones.

A lot of paint right there.....and making it all blend in!

Water soluble paint? Really?? Not sure i buy this, unless i i see some players really start wearing that paint.

No way I believe that the big 10 pays for a whole new field turf field, especially with the endzones, they would have to do this every year!

No way to change out the entire field.....

The paint solution is much more realistic. Just weird though, they would FIRST have to paint over ALL the Indy BS, THEN paint B1G stuff and endzones.

A lot of paint right there.....and making it all blend in!

I assume you have since watched the video that precedes your post. It is a temporary paint. Used in bowl games all the time. Heck the Citrus bowl has two bowl games in it with completely different markings. So does the bowl that hosts the BCS Championship game.

Latest posts