Quarterback Situation

iahawkeye02

With Vandenburg struggling, seeing no to little improvement in his mechanics and pocket awareness from week to week, Ruddock apparently not being ready for Big Ten play, and not wanting to burn a potential red-shirt for Sokol could John Weineke possibly play some at quarterback? Or does he no longer practice at QB? He was originally recruited as a quarterback and spent the majority of his career as a back-up.

Looking at the options:

1. We stay with the current situations and continue to struggle.
2. Play one of the current back-ups and possible hurt the future.
3. Give Weineke a shot and see what happens. Couldn't be much worse.

Why not number 3?

With Vandenburg struggling, seeing no to little improvement in his mechanics and pocket awareness from week to week, Ruddock apparently not being ready for Big Ten play, and not wanting to burn a potential red-shirt for Sokol could John Weineke possibly play some at quarterback? Or does he no longer practice at QB? He was originally recruited as a quarterback and spent the majority of his career as a back-up.

Looking at the options:

1. We stay with the current situations and continue to struggle.
2. Play one of the current back-ups and possible hurt the future.
3. Give Weineke a shot and see what happens. Couldn't be much worse.

Why not number 3?

JVB was better yesterday. again there were several crucial dropped passes. I say let jvb play the indiana game but if we are losing big at the start of the game let ruddock play. this season is close to being a lost cause.

again, we need to know what the backup qb can do heading into spring ball.

I don't know that Ruddock is good enough to play any better. I really hope the whispers about sokol and beathard are valid because with only average QB play we have 2 more wins at this point this season. I will hang in there this year but really look forward t next years team with a new QB and hopefully at least most of the class we have committed already along with the talented frosh and red shirts

Latest posts