Purdue giving PSU a better game in Happy Valley

Biggusblockus

The Boilers have had two turnovers and a missed Extra Point and they are only down 8 at the end of the 3rd quarter.

They already have 4x the points than the Hawks got against the "vaunted" PSU defense.

Purdue. Gosh - I hate them even more now:)

I've always wondered especially this year, kind of like the last game in Varsity Blues, how the team would play if the coaches weren't even in the stadium.

If they could call 100% of their own shots, would they look better or worse?

I've always wondered especially this year, kind of like the last game in Varsity Blues, how the team would play if the coaches weren't even in the stadium.

Are you freaking serious?

Is he freaking serious?

Is this what we've fallen to?

LOL, you know things havent gone great when somebody plays the Varsity Blues scenario card!

I wouldnt play the comparative score game just yet

Agree. Only I wouldn't play the comparative score game...EVER. Each game has its own personality and flow. Best example that comes to mind are the two 1996 matchups between Florida and Florida State. Regular season: FSU 24, UF 21. Sugar Bowl: UF 52, FSU 20.

Penn State played well last week AND we didn't. If we were to play them again, we might win 20-6 or they might convert all their red zone opportunities and beat us 31-3. If PSU and Purdue would have played last week, maybe PSU pitches a shutout. Nobody knows.

Last edited:
Ill say again. The only reason Iowa looked bad last week offensively is because Kirk Ferentz refuses to open things up. The players took on the personality of the coach.

Purdue offense just scored their 2nd Touchdown of the game. Cut it to 2 points.

Purdue's offense looks like the 80's Air Coryell Charger offense by comparison to what I saw a week ago.

WE can talk about how great the PSU defense was to console ourselves about Iowa's offensive struggles last week - but Purdue is moving the ball and scoring points on them on the same field and under the same conditions.

Comparison is appropriate IMHO. And it does not bode well fro the Hawks.

Agree. Only I wouldn't play the comparative score game...EVER. Each game has its own personality and flow. Best example that comes to mind are the two 1996 matchups between Florida and Florida State. Regular season: FSU 24, UF 21. Sugar Bowl: UF 52, FSU 20.

QUOTE]

We all remember the 1997 W-EH-K vs Sac City rivalry

regular season Sac boys 28 WEHK 10
Play offs WEHK 20 - Sac City 7

(sarcasm meter in full force)

lol, yes i'm serious. It's a hypothetical ? as it would never happen but seriously do you think they would play better or worse?

Probably about 1000 times worse. Unless they happened to see one of their professors dancing topless before the game. In that case maybe slightly better.

We all remember the 1997 W-EH-K vs Sac City rivalry

regular season Sac boys 28 WEHK 10
Play offs WEHK 20 - Sac City 7

(sarcasm meter in full force)

Hahaha. Fair enough. I could've gone to last year's Nebraska-Washington games as an example instead of going classic rerun, but my point is the same.

Purdue has shown a lot more fight than us, though.

Latest posts