Pump brothers tied to KU scalping operation

O

OO44

Basketball powerbrokers Dana and David Pump helped orchestrate a scalping operation that allegedly included the father of Kansas guard Brady Morningstar, netted more than $800,000 and became the heart of an FBI investigation into the KU ticket office, Yahoo! Sports reported Wednesday.

Iowa State got Brackins from the Pumps.

Ticket scandal rocks Kansas - College Basketball - Rivals.com

If the chips fall in just the right way this could end up with KU losing post-season and schollies just in time to make them not look very attractive to our 2012 class.

Guess there is one good thing about us not having been to the Big Dance lately. Clearly Iowa won't be caught up in this probe.

What are you smoking, CAARHawk?

What makes you think a program will lose post-season and scholarships over ticket scalping? There is no way that would happen.

At this point...

If the chips fall in just the right way this could end up with KU losing post-season and schollies just in time to make them not look very attractive to our 2012 class.

Guess there is one good thing about us not having been to the Big Dance lately. Clearly Iowa won't be caught up in this probe.

there doesn't appear to be any way that Kansas would run afoul of the NCAA in this. To date it appears to be people in and around the ticket office breaking the law by securing tickets and then profiting by the resale.

Bill Self and the Kansas program certainly wasn't benefiting from all of this by getting players funneled to the program through the AAU programs that these guys ran. When there is that kind of money running around, coaches are never involved, especially when those kind of guys are involved up to their necks with your university and they are making money hand over foot with your university. I can't imagine them wanting to funnel players to your university so they can't make more money....

How long before this comes up at other institutions since selling any tickets by anyone for above face value is illegal. I would love to see the brokers with 25 tickets in hand and a sign saying i want tickets get busted. Those guys aggravate me as they probably have 20 season tickets and just wait to resell them. Last year for UNI the tickets were over $90 a piece and this was 10 minutes before kickoff.

Re: At this point...

there doesn't appear to be any way that Kansas would run afoul of the NCAA in this. To date it appears to be people in and around the ticket office breaking the law by securing tickets and then profiting by the resale.

Did you miss the part about the father of a player being involved? Also, do you have any knowledge of the term "institutional control?"

Think of the Reggie Bush situation. That is about a player's family taking money from an outside source with no university involvement. But, it appears as if SC will at least lose the NC. This is about a player's family directly involved with the university. I bet Kansas doesn't even wait for the NCAA and they go ahead and levy penalties themselves. That way they have a better chance of limiting the penalties to the basketball program.

Latest posts