PSU Sanction Poll

PSU Sanctions

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thought it was about right. The key for me is the postseason ban. That in itself will destroy at least two recruiting classes even if it came without the scholarship reduction.

Also like the vacating of wins from 1998. Don't want to see Paterno on the top of the all-time wins list.

I just hope the current players somehow come to the realization that they committed to play football for a lying POS, stop complaining about it, and transfer to a program that doesn't allow child molesters to roam free of campus.

way to soft, the only punishment appropriate in this case was the death penalty. Penn State football needed to go away for a while and instead all they got was a hard slap on the wrist.

way to soft, the only punishment appropriate in this case was the death penalty. Penn State football needed to go away for a while and instead all they got was a hard slap on the wrist.

I would have loved to have seen the death penalty, however I think they got a bit more than a hard slap on the wrist. Compared to what I thought the NCAA would hand out, I'd say the wrist was thoroughly broken.

I would have loved to have seen the death penalty, however I think they got a bit more than a hard slap on the wrist. Compared to what I thought the NCAA would hand out, I'd say the wrist was thoroughly broken.

Just wait the team and the fans will rally around each other and you will hear enough "We are Penn State" to make you wish they got the death penalty. Every win will be treated like they won the Super Bowl and every time they show Mrs Paterno & Jay sitting in their cushy box suite you will want to barf. On paper this may look like they got major sanctions but once the games start being played you will feel differently. The only proper punishment in a case this severe was the death penalty. They did not learn any lesson from this and are acting like martyrs. The sad part is I have yet to see anyone from Penn State show any remorse for what happened and no word about the victims, it is all about football.

1) the 60 million was right (more would have been fine with me also)

2) bowl ban was fine to me (it could have been 2-4 yrs and i would have been ok).

3) vacating the wins was fine with me. he doesnt deserve to be number 1 with this tarnish.

4) the scholarships were too harsh in my belief. this will cause psu the most trouble football wise. i know it is about more than football but most people use sports to get a free education...that is a lot of people that just lost out on a free education.

David79, FromFry2Ferentz, trapperjon

in case y'all were wondering and/or too lazy to check for yourself

The sanctions weren't nearly enough. Seeing as how the death penalty was avoided in this case I only wish the B1G would step in and impose some kind of punishment of its own, over and above the NCAA sanctions.

Edit: Didn't see the thread below on the B1G news conference today. Very weak reaction by the conference in all this. Didn't want them kicked out necessarily but suspending them from conference play for several years would help with a quasi-death penalty. But I guess they are TBTF.

Last edited:
They deserved the death penalty PLUS all of this other stuff. I understand why the NCAA didn't do it, and I can't really hold it against them for taking the consideration of other innocent parties (like us, for example) into account, but it would have served those idol worshippers well to have the program disappear for a few years.

Well said, TH. Lot of the fans and students continue to be JoePa acolytes and don't get it. They think this is only about an ex-assistant coach misbehaving with boys in the shower.

Well said, TH. Lot of the fans and students continue to be JoePa acolytes and don't get it. They think this is only about an ex-assistant coach misbehaving with boys in the shower.

King joe dismissed it as "horseplay".
WTF.
Horses don't do such unspeakable things. :mad:

PSU fans are saying they shouldn't punish the whole organization just the people responsible.
That isn't how these things work even in the business world away from sports. If someone working for the organization or company does something illegal on company property or company time the whole company suffers.
When people sue for sexual harassment and the like they don't sue the individual they sue the company.
I am baffled by some of their excuses.

PSU fans are saying they shouldn't punish the whole organization just the people responsible.

Who cares what Penn St. fans are saying? Some day soon, maybe tomorrow, or maybe after 4 years of cellar dwelling, they will come to the realization of what happened and why they deserve what they got.

Latest posts