PSU- Had our chances...too many missed FT's late

VenturaAce

Oglesby misses the front end of a 1 and 1, then goes 1/2 later, Basabe misses both with 50 seconds left...then their 35% FT post player makes both!

Had our chances, loved our fight, but way too many mistakes to win on the road even against a bad PSU team.

Don't dig yourself a 16 point hole would help as well. Bryce being out certainly didn't help either.

No idea what happened in the first half. It was like they were sleepwalking. Without White, we would have been down 20 at the half.

No idea what happened in the first half. It was like they were sleepwalking. Without White, we would have been down 20 at the half.

They looked like they were sleepwalking @ NW to start too, except for a couple of guys. They're a very Jekyl and Hyde team. They can look so good at times, and yet so bad at other times. They just need to avoid those droughts they get stuck in and also improve their defense, by a lot. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them beat Indiana on Sunday though.

We shouldn't have to rely on making late free throws to beat PSU. A lot went wrong...our man-to-man defense is awful.

I'm not sure why we stuck with man, but it wasn't working. also, sadly White and others but i noticed mostly white don't block out, at all, just turn and look.

Missed FT's drive me absolutely nuts. It wasn't the only reason we lost, but it was the most obvious to me.
Every D1 player knows how to make FT's. To go 1 of 4 at crunch time is just being mentally weak.

Marble and White looked unstoppable early, Gatens looked unstoppable late. Not enough overlap; plus did anyone besides those 3 even score?

PSU hammered Purdue and Illinois at home,so how you get in position to win there is not an issue, it is getting in that position that matters,and what you do when you get there. Oglesby and Mel missed free throws that could have won the game for Iowa. Different game if they even make 6 of 8 instead of 2 of 8. Changes the game situation. It is mental toughness that is lacking there. PSU is a road venue that is as soft as you will find. Lack of concentration.

Iowa is a team with marginal talent,so they need to do the little things to win on the road...and they did not. Plus,not having Bryce or May hurt our depth,which made a difference. Too bad they wasted an incredible 2nd half by Matt.

Latest posts