Problems loading site with Chrome?

kmajhawk

Suddenly the site does not appear to be loading fully with Chrome. The pages appear to be there. But scrolling is next to impossible and it's hard to fill in widows or forms, such as username and password. HN is not alone in this; other pages running certain $cript$s (Jon, why is this always filtered out?) also appear to be a problem. Have reported this to Google; see users of Android devices with Google are also having problems. Anyone else experiencing this on HN? IE appears to load fine.

I am not having any issues. Both with Chrome on my computer and Chrome on my phone. Have you tried reinstalling it?

I use chrome nearly exclusively and am not experiencing those issues...do you have the latest version?

I experience something similar when one of the 20 ads fails to load. The site just hangs until that ad times-out.

And $cript is filtered as a minimal safeguard against cross-site $cripting attacks.

The more I troubleshoot this this morning I am thinking this may be a hardware issue (either USB 2.0 display adapter or the cable to the adapter on a second monitor) rather than software.

Latest posts