Pro Bowl

thejumper5

I love football, basketball, and baseball approximately equally. I watch college and pro for each sport. For pro all-star games, I almost always watch the NBA All-Star game because its fun and excessively high scoring (I also make a point to watch the dunk contest and 3-point shoot-out). I almost always watch the MLB All-Star game because of its history and its importance for the World Series (I also usually watch the HR derby). I have NEVER watched a Pro Bowl, and I'm not sure why. It just doesn't interest me, even a little bit. Is there anyone out there that loves the Pro Bowl that can give me a reason to watch it?

Of the professional sports, I would say I follow and enjoy the NFL the most. However, I as well watch the NBA and MLB All-Star games and have never watched a pro bowl. Playing it a week before the SB still doesn't interest me and I won't watch tommorrow. What could the NFL do to make this game a must see for the fans?

There is nothing they can do to make it exciting. People like to see big hits and big plays, but the rules require a base 4-3 defense and prohibit blitzing. Those rules mean you never get to see the QB get crushed and with 7 guys back in coverage, big plays are rare. Now I know that as Iowa fans we are pretty used to seeing that, but the 10 blitzes Norm calls a year do keep things interesting. The Pro Bowl really can't get rid of those rules either because there is just no way the o-line could be ready to stop a Pro Bowl caliber defense that blitzed every play. QBs would be dead meat.

Latest posts