Preview: Iowa Travels to Penn State

This one is pretty close to must win if Iowa is going to get into the Dance.

Iowa has the better team, but road games are always tough to come by.

It's as close to a must win as we're going to have- but IMO - Iowa could go on a real tear during this portion of the schedule. This win would give us a little breathing room because IMO, there's a chance Iowa could win all 7 of those. I don't think they will and I'm not counting the road wins, but there's a shot.

@home against Minne
@maryland
@home against NU
@home against Michigan
@home against MSU
@Nebraska

It's as close to a must win as we're going to have- but IMO - Iowa could go on a real tear during this portion of the schedule. This win would give us a little breathing room because IMO, there's a chance Iowa could win all 7 of those. I don't think they will and I'm not counting the road wins, but there's a shot.

@home against Minne
@maryland
@home against NU
@home against Michigan
@home against MSU
@Nebraska

I like our chances against every team left other than:

Michigan and Michigan State

Penn State is not going to be easy, none of the games will be easy

We go 5-2 the rest of the way before the Big Tournament and we porbably
will be invited to The Dance

:cool:

IMO, 10-10 B1G regular season record is a must. That means 6-5 the rest of the way.

I think it's important not to fall too far below .500 in conference at any given time because that causes more pressure.

Going 2-1 this week, which is doable, gets Iowa to 6-6. Thursday at Ohio State will be one of the toughest games left on the schedule, so winning tonight and Sunday against MN would be ideal.

Don't know if 10-10 is a must but it certainly is more favorable. Last year both MD & MSU made it in at 9-11....... MSU had a First Four game. RU & WI both made it with 10-10 in the BIG. Rutgers ended up with a #10 seed and WI with a #9. I couldn't find NET rankings for MD & MSU last year as a possible plus factor for their tourney selection.

Certainly there is more than just conference records that dictate entry. Just need to get ourselves off the edge, win some games, and put this to rest.

P.S. Not feeling warm & fuzzy about tonight's game myself. I want to see Iowa's version of intense D for the entire game. Counting on our O is too unpredictable.

It always feels like the Big 10 ends up on the right side of the bubble. I am surprised who gets in every year. 10 wins seems pretty safe to me. If its below that, we better knock off one of the top 3.