Preview: Hawkeyes Take on Healthy Hoosier Team

They have some big wins on their resume. This will be a tougher game then I thought. I thought if Morgan was out we would have a good chance to steal a road win. Didn't realize the injuries or suspensions to the other two big guys.

Good read. Go Hawks!

Friday Newspaper headline

"No Assembly Required As Hawks Roll"

OR

"Assembly Fall, Hawks Miss A Gear In Indy Road Test"

Because it's better than 3-1?
Right now Joe’s assist to turnover is actually less than 1:1.

I’ve been very pleased with Joe especially his length on defense and ability to score at the rim. We knew he could shoot.

Going forward I think he will need to improve his handle and his ability to set up others. Right now he doesn’t have the ball in his hands often so it’s hard to set up others. He can and will improve in those areas.

Indiana is 0-4 against the spread in conference home games. They are favored by 2. So their conference results thus far suggest Indiana will win by 1 or lose.

I like Iowa's chances if it plays D like it did against Michigan and not the way it did at Minnesota.

One thing to keep in mind, and it was the main angle of my preview, is that the Hoosiers are whole for the first time since December. Davis, Green and Phinisee are three key pieces of the rotation. They all missed all or part of January when the team was struggling.

This isn't the same team that lost at Rutgers and Northwestern or at home to Rutgers. If the Hawkeyes win tonight, which I think they will if they defend, it will be well earned.

Hopefully Indiana’s game against MSU is good for Iowa. That was a hard fought emotional win for Indiana and they could be primed for a letdown.

I like Iowa's chances if it plays D like it did against Michigan and not the way it did at Minnesota.

One thing to keep in mind, and it was the main angle of my preview, is that the Hoosiers are whole for the first time since December. Davis, Green and Phinisee are three key pieces of the rotation. They all missed all or part of January when the team was struggling.

This isn't the same team that lost at Rutgers and Northwestern or at home to Rutgers. If the Hawkeyes win tonight, which I think they will if they defend, it will be well earned.
It is often true that, when the injured and talented guys return, there are 1-2 games to get back the same chemistry. Hopefully this will be the case tonight, as mentioned, if Iowa brings their defensive sneakers.

It is often true that, when the injured and talented guys return, there are 1-2 games to get back the same chemistry. Hopefully this will be the case tonight, as mentioned, if Iowa brings their defensive sneakers.

They were back at MSU. To your point, Morgan played only 13 minutes after injuring his shoulder. But Davis and Green were keys to that win in East Lansing.

I look at that picture and I am envious at how they have their seating set up. Benches for the students with all the public seating behind them. The players must feel like the crowd is on top of them.

I look at that picture and I am envious at how they have their seating set up. Benches for the students with all the public seating behind them. The players must feel like the crowd is on top of them.

For my money, it's the best environment in the B1G. And I've been to all the arenas.

The bleachers behind the baskets are for students. But I think the ones along the length of the court are for high rollers. John Mellencamp has been spotted in those bleachers many times, to name one example.

The bleachers behind the baskets are for students. But I think the ones along the length of the court are for high rollers. John Mellencamp has been spotted in those bleachers many times, to name one example.

That's correct. Students are behind the baskets. Big money and family behind the benches. Big money across the way on lower level.

They used to seat the media court-side. That's where I was for Alford's return when Knight came out from behind the Iowa bench and scared the shit out of Sam. Then after the game, Knight lost in the postgame.

Now they put the media behind the student section on the end so they can sell those court-side seats. We used to have court-side seats at Northwestern and Purdue as well. Those days are long gone.