Preview: Hawkeyes Look to Keep Things Rolling Against Illinois

Iowa isn’t going to be a great defensive team with this current roster. It just needs to be competent with its potent offense. It’s winning with good coaching, maturing players and because they know who they are and aren’t trying to be what they are not.

It’s been fun to watch the progressesion from last season.

Will it last? We’ll see.

Iowa isn’t going to be a great defensive team with this current roster. It just needs to be competent with its potent offense. It’s winning with good coaching, maturing players and because they know who they are and aren’t trying to be what they are not.

Will it last? We’ll see.

Yep. The defensive efficiency numbers stay at 150 or below and this is a tournament team.

iowa has more talent and wins an up and down game. ill's big chance would be a slow-down half court that allows them to play defense; which i think is their best team attribute. but iowa still has more talent and should win. iowa should win by 10+ at home, regardless of tempo.

Will it last? We’ll see.
Take everything you just mentioned plus improved team chemistry and that could easily double last year's win total.

that's interesting. i think the key piece in that statement is about experience and being a veteran team. that is how they played today and why they won. they need to use that to their advantage going forward. i'm anticipating a dogfight with MSU.

I was looking through some of Illinois recent recruiting and they are the perfect example as to why stars don't always matter. They've had some really good recruiting classes the past 4 years and they still suck. Four star, top 100 recruits, and they even have a 5 star looking at them for next year.