Predict W and L

mi87ke

Predict the 2010 Football season

Eastern Illinois-W..Dont know much about these guys hope for a nice comfortable win hope see Vandenberg and backups play. 41-7

Iowa State-W..Alexander Robinson ran for 100 yards last year that will not happen this year. ISU still does not score a TD. 24-3

@Arizona-W..Late game worries me a little. I think the D line plays really well again and the offense scores just enough to win 17-13

Ball State-W..A Mac team that i dont see very impressive so i think a game very much like the opener. 31-10

Penn State-W..Our D line had a great game last year i think that continues. Iowa scores late to put the game away. 24-13

@Michigan-W..Think this game will be alot like last year close to the end and i see Iowa winning it again. 23-20

Wisconsin-W..This will be the most physical game i think. Alot of field goals Iowa scores the TD 13-9

Michigan State-W..Another physical game and another late drive to win. 17-14

@Indiana-W..No 5 int thrown by Stanzi and no playing catch up. Iowa leads the whole way through to stay unbeaten. 27-17

@Northwestern-W..If Stanzi stays in the game last year we win. The pesky wildcats wont be so pesky as Iowa wins. 24-14

Ohio State-L..This will will once again be the big ten game of the year. I think Iowa leads the whole way but once again the buckeyes find a way to be big ten champs again. 28-24

@Minnesota-W..Might be a little let down here but i think iowa gets the job done at the New Kinnick North. 20-6 (yes minny actually scores)

2010 Iowa Hawkeyes 11-1 (7-1)
Rose Bowl Bound

10-2, BCS bowl or Cap one.......The Hawks will lose 2 at home........Right now, I say the Hawks get upset by Mich. St. and lose a close down to the wire game with Ohio St. or Wisconsin.

10-0 Iowa vs. 10-0 OSU, winner goes to the title game, loser goes to the Rose. (Not sure what pick the Rose bowl would have so that may be wrong)

9-3 with losses @Arizona, @Michigan, and home against OSU.

Burky, I would agree with 9-3. We squeaked a lot out last year and this may be our year to take a few on the chin. Let's hope Norm stays healthy as well, our D kept us in all those games last year and he is our Patton! If our DB's keep evolving we may have a battle of how many pts per game they put up with pick 6's (hopefully more than Ricky throws:) Going to be a fun build up to the season, can't remember feeling this good in awhile. Keep the boys out of trouble this summer and Go Hawks!

12-0

there, I said it

no prediction on the bowl game as I do not know the opponent

11-1 with our only loss at Arizona. It's early in the season and I'm spending a lot of money to go see it, so it's the perfect recipe for disaster. :) We win the Rose Bowl vs. Oregon and rumors abound that KF's leaving for the NFL.

Looking at each game individually: 12-0, I think we should beat every one we play, but overall I think we go 11-1 and slip and lose one game to a team we should beat.

10-2 with one loss coming at the hands of tOSU. I'm not yet certain where I expect the other loss to come from ... the Arizona game very well might be a leading candidate though.

Worst case, complete meltdown gets the Hawks at 7-5. Don't forget how many close games there were last year in which the ball bounced the Hawks' way. I could see us losing at AZ, at MI, and at home against MSU and OSU. I could also see us beating all those teams and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the Hawks run the table and finish 12-0. My honest prediction - 10-2 or 11-1. I think the AZ game tells us a lot, in particular about the OL. The scariest game for me that I think we should win but will find a way to lose - at MI.

BEST CASE= 11-1(7-1/8-0)
WORSE CASE = 8-4(5-3)

I know it's just your opinion and I don't want to pick on it, but how can you say that "best case" is 11-1? I don't necessarily think they'll run the table, but with the players coming back and the way the schedule sets up, it's certainly a possibility.

I'd say best case = 12-0, worst case = 7-5. My best guess would be 10-2.

11-1, we beat tOSU but lose to another conference foe, probably one we aren't supposed to. We do beat AZ however, Kirk learned from the mistakes made the last time we went out west.

I know it's just your opinion and I don't want to pick on it, but how can you say that "best case" is 11-1? I don't necessarily think they'll run the table, but with the players coming back and the way the schedule sets up, it's certainly a possibility.

I'd say best case = 12-0, worst case = 7-5. My best guess would be 10-2.

Okay...I want to change my answer.

Best case= 12-0
Worst case= 0-12

Thread over.:)

eastern illinois-big W

iowa state- LOL

@ Arizona- tough call. could see it going both ways. i think we are a better team. but its a late game against a quality opponent early in the year. but i will say W

Ball State- Big W

Penn State- as lee corso says, "closer than the experts think". but W

@Michigan- TOUGH call. if jon is right and they are as good as he thinks, i could see this going down as a loss. again, i think we are the better team, just depends who shows up.

Wisconsin- again, TOUGH call. lots of high expectations for wisconsin this year and its always a tough game. but i have to saw W

Michigan State- another tough one. i think we have the better team and are more talented, but we play the exact same style of football so it will probably come down to the 4th quarter again. but i say W again

@Indiana- big win

@Northwestern- slingin dick has some stuff to prove and will throw the ball all over the field. big win for iowa

Ohio State- i could see us winning this game...but i will count it as a loss until we actually beat them occasionally

@Minnesota- dumb question. W

so as i broke it down there(and in my opinion), i'd say worst case scenario is 7-5 and best case is 12-0. i think we have the team and ability to win every game, but have the team to lose quite a few as well

12-1

End up #4 nationally.

Loss @ scUM

We overcome tOSU

Win the Rosebowl versus Stanford....afterwards, Stanford announces Harbaugh is leaving to take over as head coach @ scUM.

I've seen two posts so far with losses to Penn State, and I can't for the life figure out why anyone would think Iowa is going to lose to that team.

Anyone?

I've seen two posts so far with losses to Penn State, and I can't for the life figure out why anyone would think Iowa is going to lose to that team.

Anyone?

I don't have PSU as one of our losses, but it wouldn't surprise me much to see them come out of Kinnick with a win. Why would it? It's true that we have had their number. But they have a ton of athletes and always play us tough. The difference in the series is we have been able to make a few plays when the game was on the line. It's not like we have been overly dominant in these wins. There haven't been any 56-7 games in this series for a reason.

This year's game will be no different. I expect to win because of our defense and experience. But we will have to execute as we have in the past to pull out the win. Because our talent level is not greater than theirs.

Anyone who considers PSU a "sure win" is nuts in my opinion.

Latest posts