Predict the 2011 Basketball Recruiting Class:

Thought it would be interesting. Josh Ogelsby would be a nice start...Sounds like Maccari Brooks is interested but grades are an issue..Will Ross Travis committ?

I will say, Oglesby,Travis,Barron and Katenda.

Oglesby seems a not-for-sure but most-likely recruit we are pursuing at this point.
I like his flexibility at 2 or 3.
Barron would be a good fit here because of his ability to play 1 or 2.
At least one of these guys seems likely.

One of the big wings (Travis, Harris, White) seem like a decent bet.

Of course, the big need is for a long, tall 4-5 guy.
Katenda: I wouldn't put any money on him but wouldn't entirely rule him out. The east (or ND) seems to be a big pull for him.
The new name, Kravish, is a long, lean, attacking guy (Fran's favorite kind) we could use. The north KC area isn't too far from IA so we could have a shot.
Moats would be a fairly local (MN), mobile, shooting big man. If he doesn't go Ivy League, IA could be a possibiliy.
McDonald would be a good lane-filler but appears to be waiting for an in-state offer (MI).

I add to these 4-5 men Cougill. Next year we are due to have one possibly decent back-up at 5 (Brommer) unless Archie does something unexpected. We need a lot more beef for 2011.
UncleHawk

I say none of the above. I think FM ends up scrambling and finding some late diamonds in the rough after some coaches get fired. At this point, I am not sure I see a November signing.

I just don't see FM signing someone just to sign someone and the likely options seem to be fading. I think his best bet is to go ahead and wait for the later options when other teams have their rosters more set.

Add Macari Brooks with that group and it would turn into a fantasy :D

Agreed, unfortunately I don't think Macari has qualified. From what I've heard though the staff is trying to get him into a good JUCO.

I think that Trey McD is the most important recruit of all. With Cougill out, Iowa is gonna need a center for the future after Brommer and Cole are gone. Trey is the centerpiece of a bombass class if we can also land Travis and Oglesby.

Agreed, unfortunately I don't think Macari has qualified. From what I've heard though the staff is trying to get him into a good JUCO.

I think that Trey McD is the most important recruit of all. With Cougill out, Iowa is gonna need a center for the future after Brommer and Cole are gone. Trey is the centerpiece of a bombass class if we can also land Travis and Oglesby.

If Brooks can't qualify, so be it. Then I think Iowa goes after another frontcourt player, they are pursuing a ton of them right now. Shelby Moats is an interesting player to me as well.
I agree with you on McDonald, he is important and if Iowa can land him, then he provides a lot of shot blocking ability and rebounding to go with Basabe for a long time to come.
The offer to David Kravish is also interesting to me. All these frontcourt players Iowa has offered since Fran has been there all have versatility.

Last edited:
Josh Oglesby and Ross Travis and 2 to be named later. If Josh does not come....it will be 3-4 guys that are either not on our radar yet or have not been at the top of our list.

Latest posts