Predict Iowa's remaining regular season games W/L

HaydenHawk56

Ohio St (Home) W
Michigan St (Away) LOL L
Penn St (Home) L This was the hardest for me to pick. I'm going to go Penn St (yuck) because they are playing really well and with our short bench. If we get back CJF, I would revise this to a W.
Purdue (Home) W revenge game
Illinois (Away) L

Regular Season Finish
20-11

Ohio St (Home) W
Michigan St (Away) LOL L
Penn St (Home) L This was the hardest for me to pick. I'm going to go Penn St (yuck) because they are playing really well and with our short bench. If we get back CJF, I would revise this to a W.
Illinois (Away) L

Regular Season Finish
20-11
Agree with all this. Anything above this will be thrilled!

Ohio St (Home) W
Michigan St (Away) LOL L
Illinois (Away) L

Regular Season Finish
20-11
I can't decide if I want Penn State to keep winning until they play us or go on a losing streak. They are due for a loss big time for sure.

Ohio St (Home) L
Michigan St (Away) reffing will be worst of the season as it always is there L
Penn St (Home) W hopefully cjf back for this one
Purdue (Home) W
Illinois (Away) W this will be a blood bath. depends on whether luka is in foul trouble. I could see pemsl and two Illinois guys and a couple coaches getting tossed.

Didn't we have a poll before the Purdue game?

We are 2-2 since that poll was posted and going partisan the rest of the way (winning home games, losing road games) will put us at 5-4, right where many of us predicted.

It would put us at 12-8 in the B1G. I think we need 13-7 to insure a double bye in the conference tournament. 12-8 will probably seed us fifth or sixth and feed us a dangerous team with one win already under their belts.

We have seen how Fran usually does in those games. I want a double bye!

Penn. St. at home is the tricky one. Otherwise I think it follows script: win at home, lose on the road. Maybe they can defeat the refs and the Spartans in East Lansing.......they avoid Senior night, can they catch MSU sleep walking?

Last edited:
PSU take: if Wiesy gets back on track we win. If not we lose.
Kriener has a strong track record against them, including last year's Happy Valley game and the earlier Palestra matchup.

Ever since Watkins concussed him with a flagrant in Dec. 2017 (that wasn't even called a common foul and pretty much ruined his sophomore season) Ryan has always had a little somethin for the Nittanies.

Penn State hasn't been to Carver in two in a half years. It's time for some payback.

If I'm Fran I would rest CJ until the Penn State game. Don't even bring him to east Lansing.

If Iowa can hold serve at home, it would be a tremendous season and likely a double bye in the BTT. It's still remarkable regardless considering the early departures and injuries

I think 12-8 has about a 90% chance at a double bye. 100% if we get there with a home loss because that will mean we have the tie breaker against either MSU or Illinois.

Just dawned on me that Iowa's next 3 opponents are all in the kenpom top 11. Brutal
Pretty dumb that our resume is probably better than MSU and OSU but their ranking is higher. As I type this I realize I don't know what our kenpom is tho. I had 20s in my head.

Win out at home and lose at Illinois and MSU. 21-10, 12-8 in the B1G. Considering the question marks before the season and how tough this conference has turned out to be this season i'd say this result is pretty impressive.

Latest posts