Pre-Game Iowa v Minny Thread

I hate sitting through a game when it's raining. With hindsight being 20/20, I'm glad I decided not to go to this one.

The rain isn't that bad, if the play in the field is good. If the play and weather is crappy, then it's definitely tough to take.

just started sprinkling in the west metro of Minneapolis - 8:45AM. Hopefully it will all pass through by kickoff.

10:30 AM Accuweather forecast is rain ending in the twin cities by about the start of the game, then wind changing from the NW and cooler.

Reminds me of my first game at Minny at the old stadium, cool crisp and a hawk win.

Watching Northern Illinois and Purdue and Jordan Lynch is fun to watch when it's not your favorite team he is scoring on.

Any Iowa fans doing some pre game at Ikea? :D

Fortunately I will be absent for this game, Mn. Went to my first game in many years last week with my brother and two Sams. 71 rows is a lot of territory to cover especially when one must use the facilities. However, right directly in front of Sam was two padded seats, I imagine for season ticket holders. Close to the second half, nobody showed up, so we moved down a row, in addition to that there was no one sitting in front of us, so we put our feet up and relaxed and enjoyed the slaughter. We were Kings.....

Three words of caution to the Lads today, watch the "on side kick" from the start of the game......

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
A Minnesota web site had their official game thread started like at 8 this morning. There is still none on HN. Whaddup?

Fan intensity: advantage Minnesota

;)

Watching Northern Illinois and Purdue and Jordan Lynch is fun to watch when it's not your favorite team he is scoring on.
Purdue with their performance against Northern Illinois makes me think Iowa's chances for a win against Purdue is much more likely. I do have to keep in mind that it's a rivalry game which skews everything, or can.

Purdue with their performance against Northern Illinois makes me think Iowa's chances for a win against Purdue is much more likely. I do have to keep in mind that it's a rivalry game which skews everything, or can.
Rivalry game? That's gotta be sarcasm, doc.

I split season tix for the goofs with the inlaws, but am glad I am not there today. Wet, windy....and I am just not getting a good vibe for this one. Been there once for one of those dubious Iowa collapses (and subsequent Gopher hurrahs), and that was miserable, never again.

Anybody know where to watch the game if this south carolina cflorida game isnt over by 240?

Latest posts