Praying for a Badger

He's also a better person than he is a coach. In addition to his Badger duties he is a member of the Wisconsin Academy AAU family. And as a player from the early nineties he has remained good friends with former Hawkeyes James Moses and Rodell Davis.

A sad story continues to get sadder. Not much to do now except hope and pray for a full recovery.

Shit.

The stories mention him going to a "long-term care" facility. A lot of times with a cardiac deal that means too long with no oxygen to the brain and then cognitive/mental function issues. I hope to hell that's not the case.

What a goddamn year for that guy.

Poor guy's been through a lot. Hope he get's better; can't imagine what he's gone/been going through.

Poor guy's been through a lot. Hope he get's better; can't imagine what he's gone/been going through.
The last time I talked to him was in January, well wefore the accident. I have not asked my son's AAU coach, or anyone else, about him since. I'm sure it's been a trying time for them and no official statement or text was ever released.

Howard is a gregarious guy with a big smile who loved working with the kids. He deserves a better hand than what's been dealt to him this year.

Shit.

The stories mention him going to a "long-term care" facility. A lot of times with a cardiac deal that means too long with no oxygen to the brain and then cognitive/mental function issues. I hope to hell that's not the case.

What a goddamn year for that guy.

That happened to my dad. It's not a fun or pretty thing.

I wish him the very best and hope for a full recovery for him and for his family (son).