POY candidates

Zstatman

Attached is an article from Jeremy Cluff of the Arizona Republic touting Arizona St guard, Remy Martin, as one of this year's Player of the Year candidates. Like Luka, Martin put his name in the draft then withdrew his name at the last moment. ASU has two highly touted freshmen, Josh Christensen and Marcus Bagley (Marvin's brother) and has high expectations for this year under Coach Bobby Hurley, just like our Hawkeyes.

There are also a couple of interesting links in the article. One is a Top 10 list of preseason POY candidates and, of course, Luka figures very prominent. It gives us a good idea of some of Luka's competition this year in this category. There is also a March Madness bracket and while I usually don't put much credence in preseason bracketology I did find this one interesting and if the season were to play out like this one says I'd be a happy camper. 8 B1G teams in the dance.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...contender-top-college-player-2020/5905750002/

Saw this on twitter, it's the same list:

1. Luka Garza
2. Ayo Dosunmu
3. Cade Cunningham
4. Jared Butler
5. Remy Martin
6. BJ Boston
7. Marcus Zegarowski
8. Collin Gillespie
9. Trayce Jackson-Davis
10. Sam Hauser

Attached is an article from Jeremy Cluff of the Arizona Republic touting Arizona St guard, Remy Martin, as one of this year's Player of the Year candidates. Like Luka, Martin put his name in the draft then withdrew his name at the last moment. ASU has two highly touted freshmen, Josh Christensen and Marcus Bagley (Marvin's brother) and has high expectations for this year under Coach Bobby Hurley, just like our Hawkeyes.

There are also a couple of interesting links in the article. One is a Top 10 list of preseason POY candidates and, of course, Luka figures very prominent. It gives us a good idea of some of Luka's competition this year in this category. There is also a March Madness bracket and while I usually don't put much credence in preseason bracketology I did find this one interesting and if the season were to play out like this one says I'd be a happy camper. 8 B1G teams in the dance.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...contender-top-college-player-2020/5905750002/
Espn had us a #2 seed in the Midwest, I blv.

Yes, #2, two B1G teams in each regional. The Hawks would have to face old NCAA nemesis Duke to get to the Final Four.

Saw this on twitter, it's the same list:

1. Luka Garza
2. Ayo Dosunmu
3. Cade Cunningham
4. Jared Butler
5. Remy Martin
6. BJ Boston
7. Marcus Zegarowski
8. Collin Gillespie
9. Trayce Jackson-Davis
10. Sam Hauser
Luka is the only one I have heard of, so he wins.

I always worry when we have high expectations, too often disappointed. But how often do you have a POY candidate that works his tail off and is good plus return seven starters? We could fall flat on our faces but I like our chanes.

I looked at the list again and didn't remember anything about the bottome 5. But here's what I do remember of the others.

1. Luka Garza POY, of course
2. Ayo Dosunmu Illinois, like Luka dropped out of the draft late and the Illini think they'll be good.
3. Cade Cunningham 5 star recruit out of the Dallas area that of all places will be playing at Oklahoma St
4. Jared Butler of all places plays at Butler
5. Remy Martin Arizona St, like Luka dropped out of the draft late and the Sun Devils think they'll be good.

Can I just say what everyone's thinking....

What level of trashy do you have to hit before you name your kid after a brand of cognac?

Can I just say what everyone's thinking....

What level of trashy do you have to hit before you name your kid after a brand of cognac?

b9e05a190f960a9dbc09ef6cb85105af.gif

Cheers

:cool:

Latest posts