Postgame Radio Coverage?

hawkeye28

I'm an out of town Hawkeye fan, and never knew until early last season Iowa had postgame call in show with former Iowa Hawkeye DB Eric Thigpen (Hayden Fry era) and Bob Bruce out of Cedar Rapids on AM 600. It's a pretty good show and I definitely needed the postgame therapy after last weekend. You can pick it up after the game on http://www.wmtradio.com if you are out of town.

Anyone else listen to these guys? What do you think? Also, besides pregame w/ Gary Dolphin and the once a week Hawk Talk show @ Carlos 'O Kelly's, are there any other daily shows that discuss Hawkeye football? I live in the Chicago area where there are 2 full-time 24/7 sports radio stations and also grew up a Packers fan in Wisconsin and can pick up Milwaukee's ESPN affiliate where they talk a lot about Badgers football.

Hawkeye 28
I live on "east coast" of iowa and am addicted to the Hawkeye huddle, post game show. It is great for Iowa fans. you get a mix of callers but is always entertaining!
WHO out of des moines also has sound off after games with Jim Zabel and Jon Miller Both should be available over the internet. good luck and look forward to hearing your comments on air.

Hawkeye 28
I live on "east coast" of iowa and am addicted to the Hawkeye huddle, post game show. It is great for Iowa fans. you get a mix of callers but is always entertaining!
WHO out of des moines also has sound off after games with Jim Zabel and Jon Miller Both should be available over the internet. good luck and look forward to hearing your comments on air.

Good stuff ... thanks for the info on the show out of Des Moines. The Hawkeye Huddle is awesome. I love it when Bob Bruce calls Kinnick Stadium "The Mecca".

I only called in once. I had to drive home to Chicago after Ohio State last year @ Columbus, so I powered up the laptop and connected the Sprint mi-fi and got some post game therapy. I called in and went off on not going for it in regulation to at least try to get into field goal range ... it was maddening. Thus the reason for my first post on this forum a few days ago: http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/football/18873-iowas-2-minute-offense-ken-okeefe.html .

Go Hawks!

Anyone else listen to these guys?

I listen to Bob Bruce on a daily basis, so I am probably just a bit biased. My worked with E. Thigpen during her time with the Iowa football team, so she has some dealings with ET. Like listening to these two along with Andy Peterson. Some times the callers can be a bit "out there", but their analysis is pretty good. ET is brutally honest at times, which is sometimes what we all need.

... ET is brutally honest at times, which is sometimes what we all need.

I love Eric Thigpen's honesty too. He was going off last week on the punt return call last week (which Wisconsin ran the fake on). He said if Hayden Fry was out there, he would have called a "punt safe" play where the defense would stay on the field, and play the punt, but only drop back a "DB" for a fair catch. We do that, we win the game.

I usually listen to Bruce and Thigpen on the way home. But I am starting to get a little sick of them and want to broaden my horizons. What station are Miller and Zabel on? I drive back to Dubuque after the games, so I don't know if I can pick them up on the radio or not.

A fun game is to listen to how many times Bruce calls Kinnick "the Mecca of College Football" and how often Thigpen says "phenomenal" although he may have improved on this recently after being called out for it on the air.

We were listening to that station as well, caught in all that stinkin traffic after last week's game. Usually listen to WHO, but reception was not clear. Too bad there can't be a call in/analysis show on FM (what station is it if so?). Anyhow, I liked Thigpen's brutal honesty. I knew it was an ex player from Fry's era, but I didn't know who it was until now, so thanks.

Igothawked--Zabel would be on WHO-1040

I was listening to Bob Bruce's normal show today. I missed last week's show, but apparently ET got pretty hot and bothered about one of Iowa DB's. Called him some kind of derogatory name. Apparently, WMT has been being hit with a ton of emails and phone calls asking what they are going to do about this name calling. As of tonight, ET will be on the post game show tomorrow.

Latest posts