Postgame Interviews: Indiana Upsets No. 4 Hawkeyes

Sounds like they overlooked them from listening to the interviews. That just can't happen with veteran team with so much on the line.....and at home of all places.

Sounds like they overlooked them from listening to the interviews. That just can't happen with veteran team with so much on the line.....and at home of all places.
Now this is true. Especially when we were up nine with twelve minutes to go.

But it doesn't mean we won't roll them in their barn three weeks from now, or Illinois and Ohio State before that.

I thought Wieskamp was passing up easier shots in the second half than the ones he was making in the first half.

That. Can't. Happen. Especially when we were already down CJ and JBo was struggling. Keegan played his worst game of the year, especially on defense, and Toussaint isn't taking a step forward.

If Perkins is showing something in practice to warrant playing time in crucial junctures he has to be aggressive when he's out there. This is the big time.

Ironically I forgot to set my DVR and only saw the last 7 minutes. Just from my take and what I saw its the same story game in and game out. We go cold from the floor instead of attacking the basket and taking good shots we go back to chucking up threes. The first shot I saw was JBo taking an off balance step back three that wasn't even close to being on target and as far away from being considered good shot selection as you can get.

I got called out in the Michigan thread, and rightfully so, because of the timing of my remarks, but I'd much rather see a team built around the mentality that good defense fuels the offense, rather than simply having the mindset to outscore your opponent. As we've seen time and time again when this team goes into a shooting slump they generally disappear on both ends. Sometimes they're lucky enough to snap out of it, but others times they aren't.

I love this program and still think this team could be special, but I'd be lying if I said I see this as a Final Four team. At some point tournament games come down to defense and defensive stops and I don't know that we can consistently do that in a game in which the score doesn't get into the 80s and 90s.

Ironically I forgot to set my DVR and only saw the last 7 minutes. Just from my take and what I saw its the same story game in and game out. We go cold from the floor instead of attacking the basket and taking good shots we go back to chucking up threes. The first shot I saw was JBo taking an off balance step back three that wasn't even close to being on target and as far away from being considered good shot selection as you can get.

I got called out in the Michigan thread, and rightfully so, because of the timing of my remarks, but I'd much rather see a team built around the mentality that good defense fuels the offense, rather than simply having the mindset to outscore your opponent. As we've seen time and time again when this team goes into a shooting slump they generally disappear on both ends. Sometimes they're lucky enough to snap out of it, but others times they aren't.

I love this program and still think this team could be special, but I'd be lying if I said I see this as a Final Four team. At some point tournament games come down to defense and defensive stops and I don't know that we can consistently do that in a game in which the score doesn't get into the 80s and 90s.

If this team gets to the Sweet 16 they will be fortunate. Even though at times Iowa has played like a top shelf team, they are also showing signs of problems top shelf teams don't have. Like you said, I don't trust Iowa is consistent enough to go on a a long run like that under Fran. Now, his NIT team that went on a run to the championship game in that....was the outlier to this argument (and that was a fun ride). I remember being at the Dayton game at Carver completely rocking.

The biggest thing I'm worried about is Iowa is going to drop more Big Ten games (the schedule is getting harder) hurting their seating and making things harder on them.

Last edited:

Latest posts