Possible we don't have a 100yd rusher in a game this season?

Yes. It is very possible.

Glad Iowa won. They didn't hold my attention today. Iowa is probably the most boring football team there is.

Wonder if Feretnz was mad that they threw a deep pass to powell late in the 4th quarter.

I think Weisman will break 100 this year, he has been close a few times already. In tougher big 10 games he will get more carries. There is also a good chance for Canzari.

Seasons without a 100 yard rusher I think would have been 1889 and 1931. There was probably a few others.

Good question.

Its very possible we don't get a 100yard performance this year. Canzeri is probably the best bet for it. Hopefully he can stay healthy and get 15+ carries/game.

Daniels looks the part but, IMO, needs a ton of work with blocking and vision.

Weisman is what he is, a power runner that needs to stay between the tackles. Using sets with both he and a speed back in the backfield would help as well. I dig what MW does and he's a stud, just limited. He may very well break some TD records for rbs. Damn glad he's a Hawkeye. The Hammer.

150+ by committee is fine by me, but it would be nice to find a primary back that doesn't need 25+ carries to get 100 yards.
A renewed vertical passing threat will help some.

I'd say it's more likely that Iowa DOESN'T have a 100+ yard rusher in a game this season at this point

How does this happen? Coaching? Talent? Player development?

i think more than anything iowa has had a string of very bad luck with running backs. example: look at coker pace - what, was he at iowa for 2 seasons and is up there at the top of the record books with 18 tds - he stays out of trouble, or whatever, and the RB dynamic is changed.

today - i think a lot of the team and some of the OL, are recovering from the flu from the past week and a long late bus ride.

when weisman came to be, iowa was just in a position of real need at that position. and he filled it. bullock also filled a need - he was a WR and changed positions to help the team.

to answer your question - iowa just had a ton of attrition at that position, for varied reasons.

do i think we'll have a 100 yard back this year? yes.

i think more than anything iowa has had a string of very bad luck with running backs. example: look at coker pace - what, was he at iowa for 2 seasons and is up there at the top of the record books with 18 tds - he stays out of trouble, or whatever, and the RB dynamic is changed.

today - i think a lot of the team and some of the OL, are recovering from the flu from the past week and a long late bus ride.

when weisman came to be, iowa was just in a position of real need at that position. and he filled it. bullock also filled a need - he was a WR and changed positions to help the team.

to answer your question - iowa just had a ton of attrition at that position, for varied reasons.

do i think we'll have a 100 yard back this year? yes.

Interesting, I hadn't heard that. Iowa did have 175 yards rushing (most all year). We also had 8 of the 17 completions over 15 yards this year so those two stats probably compliment each other.

You give Canzeri 8 to 10 more touches today he gets 100 yards easily and IMO should have more touches. 38 carries in 5 games for Canzeri, sorry but that is just pathetic..

Interesting, I hadn't heard that. Iowa did have 175 yards rushing (most all year). We also had 8 of the 17 completions over 15 yards this year so those two stats probably compliment each other.

little flu bug went thru the team the past week - i shouldn't say it just hit the OL, but I know for a fact it did effect the OL.

Canzeri is the guy. He needs way more touches early when D is ripe for cutbacks. Bring in the hammer when there are tired legs.

But it it's hard to have a 100 yard rusher when guys would need 10 yard average to get there.

Someone will break for a big play or two. Probably not Weisman as he isn't much of a threat in terms of breakaway speed.

Canzer will get there.

Latest posts