Possible New National Duals Format with Final Four

I think that the proposed format sounds great. It should ensure more of the top teams face each other regularly and places value on having a great overall team vs. a few champion level wrestlers. My only concern would be how many big ten teams might get into the round of 16 each year. After adding Nebraska, the big ten seems to have distanced itself even more from the other conferences.

I always liked the state dual meet championships in high school, as it was more of a traditional way of competing against another team than the state tournament.

I like the concept but think the proposals I've seen are over complicated and include too many teams. I like a 16-team field competing during a short time period (i.e. a weekend). Simpler is better, especially with all the scheduling conflicts that would have to be resolved. I'm especially concerned with the impact to conference duals. It would be difficult on the wrestlers' travel and recovery schedules to require conference duals (currently 8) to be competed during 4 or 5 consecutive weekends (2 per weekend). Of course there's lots of opinions on this and nobody has the perfect solution. I've always bought into the KISS principle...the simpler the better.

Latest posts