Positives from last night.......

AntonioRamos

I'll start:

1) Didn't allow PSU to score on the 1st play of the 2nd half.
2) Outscored PSU 14-7 over the final 29:33 of the game.

I'll start:

1) Didn't allow PSU to score on the 1st play of the 2nd half.
2) Outscored PSU 14-7 over the final 29:33 of the game.

haha, this is really reaching for straws or throw in your own cliche.

Actually I think Jordan Cotton is the main positive as well as maybe nico law getting some playing time.

I hope they try cotton at punt returned also.

Weisman played, although he definitely didn't look like himself, but it was good to see him out there.

Beyond that, I got nothin...

Cotton and Davis were positives. The passing game's struggles, in general, has left Keenan putting together a solid season, and nobody really knows it. He's not putting up McNutt numbers, obviously, but he's quietly had a solid year and seems to be getting more comfortable and confident every week.

Not sure if this is a positive (I really didn't see many), but one thing is PSU is probably a lot better than people thought they would be. Hawks played like *CRAP*, but I think a lot of the frustration stems from the fact that HN (like most fanbases) chalked PSU up as an easy W on this year's schedule about 15 mins after the Sandusky thing broke...PSU is simply not obliging us by living down to the entire country's expectations. I think that makes it tougher to swallow/seem even worse than it is (I'm guessing we aren't the only fanbase that will be "stunned" when an erstwhile left-for-dead PSU shows up and puts the hurt on).

We still played like garbage, but it's not as though we lost to Coe College (sans Fred Jackson) or something, that's all I'm sayin'.

3. Keenan showed some fight
2. Cotton showed heart
1. KF admitted that "he thought about it" which really means it's been processing in his multi-core parallel bioprocessor for 6-weeks...the punch-card is about to pop out any minute now.

Not sure if this is a positive (I really didn't see many), but one thing is PSU is probably a lot better than people thought they would be. Hawks played like *CRAP*, but I think a lot of the frustration stems from the fact that HN (like most fanbases) chalked PSU up as an easy W on this year's schedule about 15 mins after the Sandusky thing broke...PSU is simply not obliging us by living down to the entire country's expectations. I think that makes it tougher to swallow/seem even worse than it is (I'm guessing we aren't the only fanbase that will be "stunned" when an erstwhile left-for-dead PSU shows up and puts the hurt on).

We still played like garbage, but it's not as though we lost to Coe College (sans Fred Jackson) or something, that's all I'm sayin'.

Iowa lost to Central Michigan, don't forget.

Another positive is that it would be nearly impossible for JVB to drop in statistical rankings from here on out.

Positives: Very young team, VDB graduates after this season, there will be three young QBs vying for a starting role under the new system next year, there should be a few RBs returing (even with AIRBHG), the lines should be good in the future, and we recruited well from 2010 to now.

The positives from last night? The colors were pretty.

Iowa lost to Central Michigan, don't forget.

Another positive is that it would be nearly impossible for JVB to drop in statistical rankings from here on out.

Ha, you think I could forget that?!? :p

Shouldn't have lost to CMU OR PSU...my only point was that I think the sting is worse because this game had been penciled as an easy W for close to a calendar year.

Lots of positives - I didn't pay to go to that game, JVB has only 6 more possible games as our starting QB (that is a whole game better than before the start of the game!), 3 of 5 starting o-lineman did not have season ending injuries, KF took great notes, passing touchdowns were up 50% in one game - I could go on, but at some point it is probably not necessary to continue to point out all the good.