Poll: Who would you cheer for?

Iowa State or New Mexico?

• Total voters

99topdawg

In a potential Sweet 16 match-up between Iowa State and New Mexico, I was wondering who Hawk fans would cheer for.

I normally cheer for ISU when they're not playing Iowa and I have hated Alford since he was in college and even took a break from Iowa Basketball when he was coaching, so that's an easy choice for me.

Re: Who would you cheer for?

In a potential Sweet 16 match-up between Iowa State and New Mexico, I was wondering who Hawk fans would cheer for.

I normally cheer for ISU when they're not playing Iowa and I have hated Alford since he was in college and even took a break from Iowa Basketball when he was coaching, so that's an easy choice for me.

It's been 6 years since Alford has left. Nothing about him is left in this program. How long are people going to hold on to this odd fantasy about seeing Alford fail?

Why would you take a break from Iowa basketball because of who was coaching?

Geez, thats a terribly awful question. It's like would you rather go down on Janet Reno or eat your own shite? I hate the clones, I'm cheering for new mex and captain hair gel.

I guess would cheer for NM, but not very enthusiastically. This poll needs another choice.
#3 Don't care
It's a lose/lose

It's been 6 years since Alford has left. Nothing about him is left in this program. How long are people going to hold on to this odd fantasy about seeing Alford fail?

Why would you take a break from Iowa basketball because of who was coaching?

Cheered against him when he was at Indiana, NBA, SW Mo. St. and said that, if he was hired at Iowa, I couldn't cheer for him. Has always come off as an arrogant ***** and can't cheer for him. I realize I'm in the vast minority in that, but those were/are my feelings.

Cheered against him when he was at Indiana, NBA, SW Mo. St. and said that, if he was hired at Iowa, I couldn't cheer for him. Has always come off as an arrogant ***** and can't cheer for him. I realize I'm in the vast minority in that, but those were/are my feelings.

So did you get back on the bandwagon when Lick was hired or did you not get back on until Fran got things turned around the last couple years?

you think the 'frauds are actually going to win more than one game..........history says otherwise. If the clowns can't shoot, they're screwed since they don't even know how to spell defense.

btw, as much as I HATE the 'fraud I hate ISU even more. I'd cheer for Al Qaeda University coached by Satan himself with a bunch of Hitler clones as players over the clowns.

So did you get back on the bandwagon when Lick was hired or did you not get back on until Fran got things turned around the last couple years?

Watched, loved it (because he wasn't Alford), then wanted him out, but still watched (similar to Iowa FB).

Again, I realize that what I did makes no sense to anyone, but I just couldn't bring myself to cheer for him. I guess it's like this, I have a very close friend that I'd do anything for and I love my wife more than anything in the world, but if I went home tonight and found them in bed together, I would not like either of them.

you think the 'frauds are actually going to win more than one game..........history says otherwise. If the clowns can't shoot, they're screwed since they don't even know how to spell defense.

btw, as much as I HATE the 'fraud I hate ISU even more. I'd cheer for Al Qaeda University coached by Satan himself with a bunch of Hitler clones as players over the clowns.

Nah, I really can't see it happening, but when I was filling out my 7000 brackets on ESPN, I had them playing each other once.

It isn't going to happen. The 'Klones are going to lose to ND and Hair is going to be outcoached in their 2nd game, if not the first.

GO HAWKS!!!

I could cheer for someone or just ignore it like it never happened which would be best. It would be a game I don't watch and neither team will be there anyway.

Al Qaeda has had some solid teams. All that oil money buys a lot of recruits.

I would root for the Clones. Not so much out of anti-Alford hate, but I just think the MWC is horribly overrated and I just have to laugh how everyone seems to be on the UNM bandwagon and picking them to go to the Final Four. It's been since the 20th century the last time an Alford coached team got out of the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament. If they make a run this year, then ok. But I will believe it when I see it. UNM won 30 games a few years ago if you remember - they barely got out of the first round, and got blown out in the 2nd round by an 11 seed. I'm not buying the hype just yet.

Latest posts