Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The team goes 12-2

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • The team goes 7-5 or worse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CAARHawk

Banned
Let me premise this by stating that I DO NOT think that Iowa is going to lose this game. I think it will be the game that makes the country understand that Stanzi is an elite QB and that Iowa has an elite RB.

That being said, since so many people are raising the concern that Iowa might lose this game, including the odds makers, I am wondering what you think would happen if Iowa does lose. Choose an option and explain why you think this will be the result.

NOTE: I MEANT TO WRITE 10-2, NOT 12-2. SO, TAKE OPTION 4 AS 10-2. DON'T THINK THERE IS ANYWAY TO CHANGE A POLL.

Last edited:
If Iowa loses, the world as we know it will end. The meltdown will be apocalyptic.
I advise you all to build an underground shelter as soon as possible, and stock it with beans, pasta, water, rotel, velveeta, and beer. And toilet paper. And Febreze.

I would really like to say 12-2, but I think we'd have to have a playoff system for that to happen.;) I did pick 9-3 as I think Michigan will run all over us if Arizona is able to, and OSU.

If Iowa loses, the world as we know it will end. The meltdown will be apocalyptic.
I advise you all to build an underground shelter as soon as possible, and stock it with beans, pasta, water, rotel, velveeta, and beer. And toilet paper. And Febreze.

Don't forget the Barbasol -- some feminine company will be essential in the survival bunker.

I'd like Stormin's opinion on best beer for the apocalypse.

"Then we know they aren't a NC caliber team and everybody chills out."

I did pick 9-3 as I think Michigan will run all over us if Arizona is able to, and OSU.

+1
For sure of both of these--- well said--- i believe the above sky is falling is scarsasm as i'm sure some one out there will freak out--- but no need to if we loose, it'll suck a ton but it's ok, doesn't mean BCS at large is out of the question--- we could still win big 10 or get at large if osu went to title game.....

If the team can keep its focus & keep improving...they will still have virtually all of its goals still ahead of them. And yes, I'm even crazy enough to think that they could still win the BCS title with a loss...

If Iowa loses I believe the following will happen:

1. They will drop 8-10 spots in the polls
2. We will hear a lot about "lack of speed," no matter if it is actually true and/or had anything to do with the loss
3. ISU & PSU fans will rejoice
4. "Clean things up" will be heard a lot in postgame interviews
5. Iowa will be irrelevent and unspoken of on the national scene for a few weeks
6. PSU game will get very little buzz despite being primetime (although PSU fans will claim the game will break SuperBowl rating records just because they are playing in it)
7. 10/16 game against an undefeated Michigan team will give Iowa a chance to shut people up

and one more thing--- for all the 2004 disaster in the desert talk remember what happened the rest of that season--- i would not be devastated if those results happened!

You guys realize, don't you, that every season there are 3 or 4 AWESOME, historic teams that DON'T win the (mythical) National Championship...right? Hell, some of them don't even get the chance.

We'll find out how good we are on Saturday and you can set expectations accordingly.

Then we know they aren't a NC caliber team and everybody chills out.

Almost think some would welcome this. While Iowa fans like to say they think it is best for the team to fly under the radar, I think the fans are actually the ones that like to fly under the radar.

In other words, some Iowa fans might be more comfortable being second tier.

You guys realize, don't you, that every season there are 3 or 4 AWESOME, historic teams that DON'T win the (mythical) National Championship...right? Hell, some of them don't even get the chance.

We'll find out how good we are on Saturday and you can set expectations accordingly.

Absolutely agree - until a proper playoff / tournament is put in place, we only know that the "two best teams" played and one of them won. At the end of a season, even a team with one or two losses could be the best....but alas, we may never know.....

Still sticking with my 10-2 prediction, playing the loser of the Texas/Okie game in the fiesta bowl.

After the Hawks play Michigan I will let my mind venture into the NC discussion. Right now it is still hard to fathom.

"Then we know they aren't a NC caliber team and everybody chills out."

I did pick 9-3 as I think Michigan will run all over us if Arizona is able to, and OSU.

+1 For sure of both of these--- well said--- i believe the above sky is falling is scarsasm as i'm sure some one out there will freak out--- but no need to if we loose, it'll suck a ton but it's ok, doesn't mean BCS at large is out of the question--- we could still win big 10 or get at large if osu went to title game.....

One problem, though, is that under BCS rules that apply this year for the first time, we wouldn't get a BCS at large if any non-major conference program finishes in the Top 12 in the nation (e.g. Boise St or TCU or Utah), as that school gets an automatic bid to the Rose. It's B.S., but it's true.

One problem, though, is that under BCS rules that apply this year for the first time, we wouldn't get a BCS at large if any non-major conference program finishes in the Top 12 in the nation (e.g. Boise St or TCU or Utah), as that school gets an automatic bid to the Rose. It's B.S., but it's true.

Actually, both TCU and Boise got at large bids and we got one as well last year. We won't go to the Rose, but we still could get a BCS at large bid. I would say most likely option is the Sugar bowl.

One game at a time. IA may win this one, but there will be another tough game around the corner.....all year long.

If IA loses, I am going to do my darndest to give it up in 48 hours. There's another game in a week to worry about........and I'll have to eat crow for a year from my in-laws, who live in Scottsdale.

Latest posts