Poll: contracts

Is losing to an inferior opponent easier to swallow if a contract is less tilted in da Coaches favor

• Yes

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Compensation packages aren't even something I think about

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

karras

Losing to inferior programs whether they be Nebraska or an FCS team (you know what I'm talkin bout willis) is something that is beyond annoying. Coaches worth keeping develop a reputation of NOT losing to inferior programs. In BB/FB it is easy to overlook that pain cuz both programs have their moments where they are giant killers. And for most people killing a giant erases the pain of losing to weaker programs. But for me it's the opposite. The sting of losing to lesser programs hurts even more when in the next week or two we beat a Top 10 opponent. So when a coach is paid like they win the games they are supposed to, and yet too often don't, I would feel better if coaches had to surrender chunks of their salary (and extensions reversed) when they fall short of expectations. But we all know that's not how it works. And so some schools become too trigger happy because of these one-sided contracts and some schools paint themselves into a corner.

Painted-in-corner-620x480.jpg

I'm curious to hear what your feelings are on this matter. Vote and share.

Last edited:
In my mind, the contract doesn't really matter. Losing to teams you should beat is annoying as hell. Yes upsets happen, but don't make a habit of it.