Pmac

Hawkfnntn

Curious what folks think his ceiling is. Obviously he won't be leaned on much this year. He's way too skinny and green around the gills. Do folks think he'll get to being as impactful as Marble was his SR yr? Or Baer? Something inbetween or less? I'm not sure what to think other then unless he puts on 25 plus Lbs or so he's just going to have to float around outside and rely on either running and gunning for buckets or shooting outside.

I think if he can put on at least 20 pounds he'll be a decent stretch 3/4. Maybe be honorable mention his senior year. He is going to get absolutely abused in the B1G this season and probably next. He should have redshirted honestly, but Fran loves him some 10/11-man rotations!

No way he'll be at Marble or even Baer's level with that ugly shot he has.

By the time he's a senior, he will be somewhere between Baer and White. Probably closer to Baer. If he adds a decent amount of weight, his ceiling is White maybe.

His CEILING if the weight and strength comes along with a consistent shot is very high, like 1st team high. Can go bye taller guys and would be able to post smaller players. Has the handle and passing ability. I’m not sure if he ever gets all the way there though.

I think he will end up a taller, more athletic, and more offensively skilled Nic Baer, which is pretty good. Nobody will probably have the motor and savvy like Baer though.

I think his ceiling is quite high. Personally I think adding bulk is way overrated, it didn't help Basabe and appears to have impacted Nunge as well. PM has good speed, he needs to settle in a bit and personally I think needs to play more not less. Reminds me a little of White and if he can get to near that level we are in really good shape.

Not as athletic as White and can't jump like him either. He isn't quick enough to guard on the perimeter. Bulking up is his only option

I just try and think back to how Baer looked physically when he was a RS freshman and he was sorta similar to PMac now. PMac is longer and a little taller but I'm not so sure he'll be as willing to mix it up inside like Baer was. If he can hit those open shots defend and make hustle plays I doubt anyone will complain about his game too much. (besides those that dislike Fran regardless) I just don't know if he'll get to being an absolute stud level like Uthoff and White kinda got to being. Uthoff was pretty darn skinny too but by his RS Jr yr he was doing serious damage out there. But still wasn't a banger inside by any means.
It's too bad he isn't redshirting. I mean if Nunge had a case for it then holy crap PMac is as much a no brainer for it as anyone. And I don't think the impact he'll make this year would justify how much the year of redshirting would benefit him on the back end...

Right now he is built like a 3, but plays like a 4 .If he can get out in transition, fill lanes on breaks by finishing at the rim, get put backs, play a little D...... I will be happy. Basically, doing what Baer did. The problem is that Baer did it from day 1, it may take PM a year or 2 to get to that "ceiling".

Actually liked Patrick late in the game playing the point on the press. I think that will be where he will be most effective this year. I thought Joe T, Pat, and CJ looked good pressing together.