Plese God

• Thread starter Ian Pike Hammer
  • Start date
I

Ian Pike Hammer

Don't let Iowa overlook a tough Maryland team on the road. 5-1 sounds pretty good. 4-2 and we'll be kicking ourselves with a bunch of tough games upcoming.

I don't think this veteran group will overlook anyone, it's just very difficult to win on the road in this league. If I had to guess that's where most if not all of Iowa's losses are gonna come from this year.

Yeah there's no time to be overlooking anyone. Our best should beat their best. But we can't get lazy missing FTs or turning it over. Keep the aggressive offensive mindset going and take good shots. We have so many guys that can put the ball in the basket that it takes 3 guys all having bad games at the same time for it to matter. We can overcome 1 or 2 so long as the others are all playing well.

Oh and this is home to Luka too so he'll want to put on a show. They'll be no let down from him (as if he ever does)

This is the correct answer. I don't think Luka will allow the Hawks to lose this one.
I don't either. MD and that whole part of the country didn't take him seriously as a prospect till way late in the game by then Fran had done locked him up. (thanks to his being able to go watch CM play AAU ball. That helped Fran evaluate and watch a lot more kids then normal coaches do I think)

Where we got really lucky I think is the timing of the hiring of Patrick Ewing. If he'd have been hired a little sooner then he was I would think there'd have been mutual interest between them. Mighta been tough for Luka to say no to him even later in the process even after having committed to us? I dunno but I'm damn glad he's a Hawk since he's just smashing every record there's ever been pretty much.

Latest posts