Pitt Game

phorrell

Anyone making the trip for the game at Pittsburgh? Going for a long week-end and already purchased my game tickets/hotel. Looking for some good spots to go for dinner, drinks, etc.

If you don't receive any help here, try the Pitt boards.
A friend of mine was there for work and was taken on a "business dinner" to a brew house restaurant that was formerly an old church. He said it was cool yet weird eating in a church. Still had stained glass windows

I can't speak to food and drinks, but if you're looking for other sports entertainment, the Pirates are hosting the Brewers that weekend. Both teams should be fighting for their playoff lives at that point, so it should be a really good series.

Yeah, we are actually flying in Thursday, so I'm trying to talk my wife into hitting the Pirates Vs. Red Sox game that night, heard PNC is great!

I wish I was going. Never been to Pittsburgh. That would be pretty sweet. Have fun, and cheer loud!

Yeah, we are actually flying in Thursday, so I'm trying to talk my wife into hitting the Pirates Vs. Red Sox game that night, heard PNC is great!

PNC Park is awesome. The wife and I hit four MLB parks (Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Boston, Cleveland) last summer and it was the best overall experience and the cheapest - and best - seats. Plenty of places to eat on The North Shore. The brewery that HawkInGoferLand talked about is the Church Brew Works. We didn't make it to that but I've heard from others that it's a great place.

If you don't have a hotel, I can highly recommend the Parador Inn. It's a bed and breakfast about three or four blocks from Heinz Field. Google Maps showed it was 0.7 miles from PNC Park and it was an easy walk. The breakfast we had there was excellent and the place is a former historic mansion - my only regret is that we stayed there only one night.

We are going. My better half being from Rio doesnt much care to go to IC. However she has never been to Pittsburgh and is all in. last time I was there was for a ball game at three rivers when Clemente played. I just cant get excited about the home schedule this year. The away games look more interesting.

Latest posts