Phil Steele’s In Season Big Ten Projection

I'm not sure about Purdue going 7-1. I understand they have a pretty good defense, but 7 B1G wins. That seems high. I also believe Iowa improves throughout the season to surprise a few pundits. Red Zone efficiency and a consistent moving of the ball will be key.

I still only see 3 more losses for the Hawks, 4 at most.

we will win all but 3 of these four remaining games: (Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, Northwestern)

Even if we lose all four thats still 7-5! But we will win one of these games. 8-4; with a real shot at 9-3 if we get lucky!

I won't be shocked with 2 wins. Just disappointed.

The D has been better than expected but I'm not sure they will be much better than average in conference play.

I don't know what's wrong with the offense (I mean I don't know why the receivers can't get open and why Vandy Can't find them down field, why they don't just throw the ball to CJF who can just go get it). If you tell me the run game will be less than stellar, I can buy that with a young O-Line and RB.

He hasn't watched the all the games for all these teams. Purdue, well, if they have to depend on Terbush is in big trouble. No way in hell they go 7-1 with him at the helm...I don't care how good their defense is. The jury is still out on Iowa. The interior lines on both sides of the ball have actually shown considerable promise. I don't think we have played a real physical offensive line yet, so I would say the d-line still has something to prove. Minnesota and MSU will provide the answer. If JVB can target the right guys, and show some growth in the pocket...I'm optimistic.

Once again, Iowa's season hinges on the three midseason games...NW, Indiana, and Purdue. I honestly think they will be 5-2 heading into those games. Indiana appears to be a game we should certainly win now. Purdue at home, with Terbush at QB...is a toss up. Win two of three there and you have a shot at 8 wins with an end of year upset in Kinnick.

I'd also like to know what Steele's accuracy rate is? Just because he's got a well known publication...doesn't mean he's a genius.

Latest posts