People you drank too much koolaide

cmore

We lost the close games this year, this is hawkeye football take it or leave it. We just lucked out last year and won the close games. Kirk is not the type of person to fire anyone so dont waste your time.

When they kool-aid is thrown down your throat by the Hawkeye talking head (Jon "Homer" Miller), it's hard not to think we'll be 12-0 and in the NC game.

I refuse to accept that expecting better than a 7-5 season after a BCS win with most of the team coming back is "drinking cool-aid". That's complete horse$h!t.

I don't get this "Koolaide" thing. So you expected a 7-5 or 7-6 year? If so you are either a young fan or don't really follow the team closely. Don't get me wrong, I didn't really have Nat'l Championship aspirations(you either need serious talent or even more luck to get there), but if you didn't think a Big Ten title or a BCS game was possible given the schedule, returning talent, etc, was possible given what we have seen, then you are either extremely jaded or not an Iowa fan. This team underperformed, yes. This team played down to there competition, yes. Coaching was questionable, yes. But these are all hind-sight observations. I would have been happy at 10-2 and content at 9-3, a little dissappointed at 8-4. There is not a person I have seen expecting 7-5, either nationally or personally.

many of our 'successful' seasons have been smoke mirrors and good fortune. You are correct.. KF is not making any changes. We will keep doing what we do. We will still win, sometimes more than we should.. sometimes less than we should

I don't get this "Koolaide" thing. So you expected a 7-5 or 7-6 year? If so you are either a young fan or don't really follow the team closely. Don't get me wrong, I didn't really have Nat'l Championship aspirations(you either need serious talent or even more luck to get there), but if you didn't think a Big Ten title or a BCS game was possible given the schedule, returning talent, etc, was possible given what we have seen, then you are either extremely jaded or not an Iowa fan. This team underperformed, yes. This team played down to there competition, yes. Coaching was questionable, yes. But these are all hind-sight observations. I would have been happy at 10-2 and content at 9-3, a little dissappointed at 8-4. There is not a person I have seen expecting 7-5, either nationally or personally.

You sound way too reasonable. You must not come here often.

I refuse to accept that expecting better than a 7-5 season after a BCS win with most of the team coming back is "drinking cool-aid". That's complete horse$h!t.

Excellent point. Find one knowledgeable football person who saw 7-5 coming at the start of the season.

Excellent point. Find one knowledgeable football person who saw 7-5 coming at the start of the season.

I am one of the most pessimistic Hawk fans out there and even I called 8-4. I could have never in a million years thought we would find a way to lose to Minnesota.

Latest posts