Pemsl record in making?

revkev73

Pemsl is shooting 75% from the field and 49% from the FT line...making a differential of 26%...

Wonder what the all time record for that shooting margin might be?

Going 1-8 at the FT line is, well, difficult to do for someone in high level college ball.

He is very selective on his shots...he has a chance to set some sort of record one would guess.

Pemsl is shooting 75% from the field and 49% from the FT line...making a differential of 26%...

Wonder what the all time record for that shooting margin might be?

Going 1-8 at the FT line is, well, difficult to do for someone in high level college ball.

He is very selective on his shots...he has a chance to set some sort of record one would guess.
So weird. He's got a smooth enough stroke to be good at them. At least good enough to never go 1-8 anyway... All in his head.

He started slow but has been a pretty good free throw shooter lately. Up until last game obviously where he was God aweful. As far as the record for differential goes, there are 90% free throw shooters that would have to go 65% to have the same differential.

I keep reading how he is shooting so high because of his shot selection. I just don't think that's the case. The moves he puts on people and the way he finishes from really awkward angles with both hands, thru contact even, is something I've never seen from an Iowa player. Hell I've rarely seen it from any player. Once he gets stronger and gets better conditioning, he will be one of the best post players in the country.

Also has anyone else noticed a few times this year where he flew down the court and blocked a shot in transition where you would swear it was Wagner? I wonder how much his explosiveness will improve. The guy was hurt all thru high school so you would think a lot.

I keep reading how he is shooting so high because of his shot selection. I just don't think that's the case. The moves he puts on people and the way he finishes from really awkward angles with both hands, thru contact even, is something I've never seen from an Iowa player. Hell I've rarely seen it from any player. Once he gets stronger and gets better conditioning, he will be one of the best post players in the country.

I agree he has some sweet post moves. Around the rim he reminds me of Niang. That having all been said, I'll wait until he does it vs some teams with quality big men before annointing him the next great inside force. Let's see how he holds up vs PU, OSU and WI on the block.

A guy with his moves around the basket is a nightmare to guard...no predictable move or direction.

He has a game that will draw lots of fouls...free throws will be important. He can foul out some guys.

He seems to have a pretty good FT stroke...but last night it seemed he was kind of poking it up there...perhaps just an anomaly...

He doesn't have a FT stroke that makes you cringe...

Out there...he has a "stare" or look of confidence, and a bit of intimidation.

With a history of severe, multiple injuries to Jok and Pemsl...that they are now stalwarts is a great blessing for this team.

I also, at times, confuse Wagner and Pemsl...same body type, head gear...

He will be fun to watch for four years...!!!

I agree he has some sweet post moves. Around the rim he reminds me of Niang. That having all been said, I'll wait until he does it vs some teams with quality big men before annointing him the next great inside force. Let's see how he holds up vs PU, OSU and WI on the block.

It's the moves and the way he finishes from any angle that are impressive. They will be really tough for even the best post defenders to stop him. They obviously will slow him down to some extent tho. Or he might play better, taking it as a personal challenge. Kinda like Besabe against OSU as a freshman when he outplayed Sullinger I believe.

A guy with his moves around the basket is a nightmare to guard...no predictable move or direction.

He has a game that will draw lots of fouls...free throws will be important. He can foul out some guys.

He seems to have a pretty good FT stroke...but last night it seemed he was kind of poking it up there...perhaps just an anomaly...

He doesn't have a FT stroke that makes you cringe...

Out there...he has a "stare" or look of confidence, and a bit of intimidation.

With a history of severe, multiple injuries to Jok and Pemsl...that they are now stalwarts is a great blessing for this team.

I also, at times, confuse Wagner and Pemsl...same body type, head gear...

He will be fun to watch for four years...!!!
Can't say I've done that yet. Other than height they don't look much alike to me. Wagner is ripped up and can get up and down the court faster and has better hops. Pemsl is going to be a below the rim guy but like you said is a tough tough guy to guard because of the angles he can contort his body and arm to shoot from. I sure hope he works on improving his free throws cause he's going to be shooting a lot of them hopefully more than 6 a game. It's one thing to have a thick body it's another thing to be able to use it to get your shot off. He can play against taller guys and be effective because of it. Future is bright that's for sure.

Can't say I've done that yet. Other than height they don't look much alike to me. Wagner is ripped up and can get up and down the court faster and has better hops. Pemsl is going to be a below the rim guy but like you said is a tough tough guy to guard because of the angles he can contort his body and arm to shoot from. I sure hope he works on improving his free throws cause he's going to be shooting a lot of them hopefully more than 6 a game. It's one thing to have a thick body it's another thing to be able to use it to get your shot off. He can play against taller guys and be effective because of it. Future is bright that's for sure.

Did you see his block in transition last night? It was either the second or third time he's done that where he looked so athletic, I thought it was Wagner. Two or three times in 12 games doesn't mean a lot, but it looks like he has it in him when he has a running start. Hopefully that means he will get it in the half court in the next couple years.

Did you see his block in transition last night? It was either the second or third time he's done that where he looked so athletic, I thought it was Wagner. Two or three times in 12 games doesn't mean a lot, but it looks like he has it in him when he has a running start. Hopefully that means he will get it in the half court in the next couple years.
Oh yeah I did it was a heck of an effort by him just to get back. But yeah it was a little guy he blocked and it wasn't a Lebron type of above the rim against the backboard kind of play. I love his game he's kind of our left handed Barkley with a little less athleticism and not as good of a shot. But as far as his offense goes down low he's a shorter guy that can get a good look against anyone down there just about

Oh yeah I did it was a heck of an effort by him just to get back. But yeah it was a little guy he blocked and it wasn't a Lebron type of above the rim against the backboard kind of play. I love his game he's kind of our left handed Barkley with a little less athleticism and not as good of a shot. But as far as his offense goes down low he's a shorter guy that can get a good look against anyone down there just about

Well damn I saw it different. I thought he skied for the block. I wonder if the other plays I noticed weren't that big of deal either.

The FT shooting the other night was just a fluke. He'll be 70%+ here on out.

I agree. Also what's with people thinking Cook and Pemsl won't be able to play together? How is Cook and Pemsl worse than Wagner and Pemsl? I was listening to the Hawk Central podcast and they were saying they were "trying to think of a way it could work". 2 guys that can score in the post is a good thing, not a bad thing. Do people think they will get in each other's way?

I agree. Also what's with people thinking Cook and Pemsl won't be able to play together? How is Cook and Pemsl worse than Wagner and Pemsl? I was listening to the Hawk Central podcast and they were saying they were "trying to think of a way it could work". 2 guys that can score in the post is a good thing, not a bad thing. Do people think they will get in each other's way?
If we're at the point where we're fussing over which of our bigs will score the most, I'm cool with that.

Cook and Pemsl together is going to be a very good thing

Latest posts