Pelini to Miami?

Crazy that the head job at Florida, Miami, and now possibly Nebraska would be open all in one single year. Beyond these I don't know if we have heard the end of the Michigan position opening up.

I'm curious as to why you think Nebraska is a better job?

I don't see it. Nebby has better facilities but that is about it.

Nebraska has much better facilities, better fan base, more tradition, more money, they're in a better conference.

Miami is in a great recruiting area but that's about it. They have an off campus stadium which is about 20 miles from their campus, this is a huge negative for their program. They have a very fickle, bandwagon fan base as evidenced by having less than 30,000 fans at their last game of the season. Their facilities aren't even in the same ball park as the college football elite and you have to deal with fans who expect nothing less than a national title at least once every five years or so.

Nebraska has much better facilities, better fan base, more tradition, more money, they're in a better conference.

Miami is in a great recruiting area but that's about it. They have an off campus stadium which is about 20 miles from their campus, this is a huge negative for their program. They have a very fickle, bandwagon fan base as evidenced by having less than 30,000 fans at their last game of the season. Their facilities aren't even in the same ball park as the college football elite and you have to deal with fans who expect nothing less than a national title at least once every five years or so.

I agree with everything you said, but there is always the beach I also heard someone mention that Bo is an Ohio State guy. JT won't be at tOSU forever, so if Bo eventually wanted to coach there, it would be easier to move from Miami than from another in-conference school. Its fun to think about, but I think he would be crazy to leave Nebraska.

I agree with everything you said, but there is always the beach I also heard someone mention that Bo is an Ohio State guy. JT won't be at tOSU forever, so if Bo eventually wanted to coach there, it would be easier to move from Miami than from another in-conference school. Its fun to think about, but I think he would be crazy to leave Nebraska.

I think Urban Meyer will be the Ohio St coach within three years.

Miami's tradition is on par with Nebraska and could certainly net Pelini a raise. Pelini makes 2.1 Mil. Nebraska isn't going to pay him 3.

There are certainly more fans in Nebraska but that doesn't really help you win championships as much as being in a weaker conference like the ACC. As far as spoiled delusional fans, Miami has NOTHING on Nebraska.

Miami's tradition is on par with Nebraska and could certainly net Pelini a raise. Pelini makes 2.1 Mil. Nebraska isn't going to pay him 3.

There are certainly more fans in Nebraska but that doesn't really help you win championships as much as being in a weaker conference like the ACC. As far as spoiled delusional fans, Miami has NOTHING on Nebraska.

Money helps a lot. A small, private school with small alumni base can't come close to matching Nebraska's money. This is reflected in Nebraska's superior facilities. The off campus stadium is a big handicap for Miami. I think a lot of people think Miami is a much better job than it really is. I don't see them ever getting back to how they were in the late 80's, early 90's. There are three more D-1 Florida schools to recruit against now, as well as more SEC teams targeting Florida harder than ever.

Money helps a lot. A small, private school with small alumni base can't come close to matching Nebraska's money. This is reflected in Nebraska's superior facilities. The off campus stadium is a big handicap for Miami. I think a lot of people think Miami is a much better job than it really is. I don't see them ever getting back to how they were in the late 80's, early 90's. There are three more D-1 Florida schools to recruit against now, as well as more SEC teams targeting Florida harder than ever.

I agree that Miami will never be what it was but Nebraska is pretty stingy.
Miami already offered over 3 mil to Gruden.

Latest posts