Patrick "Cheeks" Smith (New Jersey Running Back)

IowaTeddy

I see that Tyler Barnes follows this kid on Twitter and has been liking some of his tweets. Ridiculously productive HS player, without much Power 5 recruiting buzz. According to 247, he recently decommitted from Colorado State and now has serious Vanderbilt interest. Wonder if the Hawks will swoop in and offer. We also offered another elite NJ RB named Audric Estime, who's committed to Michigan State in this class. Arland Bruce seems to be the only "RB" like prospect in Iowa's class thus far, but I've heard rumors of him projecting as a utility skill player and/or WR.

I see that Tyler Barnes follows this kid on Twitter and has been liking some of his tweets. Ridiculously productive HS player, without much Power 5 recruiting buzz. According to 247, he recently decommitted from Colorado State and now has serious Vanderbilt interest. Wonder if the Hawks will swoop in and offer. We also offered another elite NJ RB named Audric Estime, who's committed to Michigan State in this class. Arland Bruce seems to be the only "RB" like prospect in Iowa's class thus far, but I've heard rumors of him projecting as a utility skill player and/or WR.

After watching some highlights of Dejean, and knowing he's got sprinters speed...I'm not sure how you don't find a place for him on offense. RB, Slot WR, or QB.

After watching some highlights of Dejean, and knowing he's got sprinters speed...I'm not sure how you don't find a place for him on offense. RB, Slot WR, or QB.

He has very good speed (11.26 100m as a soph), but not elite speed like ISM or Riley Moss. But I agree, his tape is just ridiculous. But while his defensive highlights did not get as much attention, that guy also hits a ton and covers the whole field.

There will be some interesting positional decisions with him (a bigger Tyler Sash-type) and Keegan Johnson (a Micah Hyde-clone). Currently Iowa has 1 '21 recruit listed as a WR (Brecht, who seems seriously underrated), 3 WR/DB types listed as athletes (Johnson, Dejean, and Bruce), and none listed as DB.

Latest posts