parking

cole20

Where is the best place to park at memorial stadium. I will be coming in from the east hwy 2 any info would be helpful.

I'm also curious if I need to purchase a pass or not for tailgating, or if the General parking pass lots are pay lots as well.

This may not be of any interest to you, but...I go to all of Iowa's away FB games and have for a number of years. Parking is always an adventure! I have come to use shuttle bus park & ride option at most stadiums. Although I have not used this option in Lincoln, I will do so this year. I will park at the Lincoln Northstar High School parking lot and take the StarTran shuttle to Memorial Stadium, about 5 miles away, or a 10-15 minute bus ride. Free parking and $10 round trip bus ticket. StarTran has a web site...they shuttle from several locations. The address for NorthStarHS is 5801 North 33rd Street. Good Luck and Go Hawks!

This may not be of any interest to you, but...I go to all of Iowa's away FB games and have for a number of years. Parking is always an adventure! I have come to use shuttle bus park & ride option at most stadiums. Although I have not used this option in Lincoln, I will do so this year. I will park at the Lincoln Northstar High School parking lot and take the StarTran shuttle to Memorial Stadium, about 5 miles away, or a 10-15 minute bus ride. Free parking and $10 round trip bus ticket. StarTran has a web site...they shuttle from several locations. The address for NorthStarHS is 5801 North 33rd Street. Good Luck and Go Hawks!
I'm not sure the high school would appreciate our group setting up shop and drinking beer in their parking lot at 6 am...

There are some pay lots around O St. which is not too bad of a walk to the stadium, 5-10 minutes I'd say. But parking is difficult to come by in Lincoln on game day, and tailgating pretty much sucks unless you are in one of the lots that actually allow it. Most of those lots don't have open spots and are monopolized by Husker fans. You'll probably be better off hanging out in the bars on O St or the Haymarket, unless you can come across a tailgate park where you'll be welcomed.

There are some pay lots around O St. which is not too bad of a walk to the stadium, 5-10 minutes I'd say. But parking is difficult to come by in Lincoln on game day, and tailgating pretty much sucks unless you are in one of the lots that actually allow it. Most of those lots don't have open spots and are monopolized by Husker fans. You'll probably be better off hanging out in the bars on O St or the Haymarket, unless you can come across a tailgate park where you'll be welcomed.
They allow tailgating in all of the donor lots, correct? I can't find anything on huskers.com about that.

Nebraska State Statute (Chapter 53-186) prohibits the consumption of alcohol on state property. It shall be unlawful for any person to consume alcoholic liquor upon property owned or controlled by the state or any governmental subdivision thereof unless authorized by the governing bodies having jurisdiction over such property.
Recreational Vehicle (RV) parking is prohibited on the University of Nebraska-Lincoln campus parking lots unless by membership of the Athletic Department Donor Club.

So we're not allowed to drink beer tailgating?:confused:

Yep, cant even drink while camping in state campgrounds. Get in and get out of that ******** state.
When I looked into this game a couple years ago, I saw the shuttle goes to some hotels as well. I wondered if said hotels were smart enough to give up a corner in their lot.

They allow tailgating in all of the donor lots, correct? I can't find anything on huskers.com about that.

I really don't know all of the details, but that sounds about right. I went to a tailgate at the Illinois game this year. We parked in pay lot and had a couple of drinks prior to the tailgate, but LPD may not be real cool with that.

Lincoln pretty much stinks for tailgating compared to other places I've been.

Yep, cant even drink while camping in state campgrounds. Get in and get out of that ******** state.

I think they changed that law a couple of years ago, fwiw.

Latest posts