Parking tips?

JDRochholz

Headed to Kinnick for the first time in 15 years....any tips on parking? The wife and i don’t mind walking as long as it’s not more than a mile or two. Or do you recommend paying the 20 bucks for parking?

Where are you coming from--what direction?

If from the east/north (Hwy 1 or I-80 east side of town), take Scott Blvd to 1st Ave to Court St to Summit St to Kirkwood Ave/West Benton, then turn right onto George St and park in a yard in that area (Koser Ave, Highland Dr, Marietta, etc). Just a 10 min walk to stadium, parking can be had for $10-20. Easy to get out, too. Avoid Dodge/Governor streets due to congestion, especially Governor on way home due to road construction.

If from the west/south, I like to take I-380/Hwy 218 to Hwy 1 exit to Iowa City, then left on Miller or Hudson avenues to get to West Benton, left on West Benton, then right onto George Street.

Where are you coming from--what direction?

If from the east/north (Hwy 1 or I-80 east side of town), take Scott Blvd to 1st Ave to Court St to Summit St to Kirkwood Ave/West Benton, then turn right onto George St and park in a yard in that area (Koser Ave, Highland Dr, Marietta, etc). Just a 10 min walk to stadium, parking can be had for $10-20. Easy to get out, too. Avoid Dodge/Governor streets due to congestion, especially Governor on way home due to road construction.

If from the west/south, I like to take I-380/Hwy 218 to Hwy 1 exit to Iowa City, then left on Miller or Hudson avenues to get to West Benton, left on West Benton, then right onto George Street.
Yep, going I-80 from the West. So I take Hwy 1 exit and when I make my way to George St, about what time should I plan on getting there if I want a yard spot?

I would arrive onto George St no later than 9 am, preferably by 8 am, to get a decent spot. Most of the streets that shoot off George St should have yards with open spots, especially Tower Court, Marietta, and Highland. Ask the person who parks you what the fastest route to the stadium is, as there are potential shortcuts that can save you time. Good luck! and GO HAWKS!

Latest posts