Palmer Foster and Bo Bower?

DP5555

Anyone hearing any news from camp about Palmer Foster or Bo Bower? They are a couple of in-state guys who are popping up in a lot of the practice photos.

Let me add this disclaimer: It's the offseason and I have nothing better to do. So I'm trying to discern information from still photos! Gotta love it :)

Anyways, when you look at the practice pictures it appears Foster could be getting reps with either the 1's or the 2's as a LB. You can check them out here: http://www.hawkeyesports.com/view.gal?id=159519

Palmer Foster is a 6'3 OLB from Cedar Falls. There's a pic of him going after Damon Bullock, and another of him tackling Ray Hamilton. I would imagine those guys are working with the top units. Maybe he's getting reps along with Spearman or Perry? I'm not even sure which LB position he's playing.

I've also noticed quite a few pics of #41 Bo Bower from West Branch. Under the Hawkeyesports roster he's listed as a LB, but in the captions from the picture they are calling him a defensive back (I would guess safety). Not sure what position he's working at, but it appears he's getting some action. I'm sure Lowdermilk and Lomax are still the starters. It appears Lomax had a pick 6 during practice #12.

Not sure about those guys... When it comes to some of those pictures those could have been from drills and not so much 11 on 11 scrimmaging. But I have heard that Alston tweaked his hammy the other day I think it was Saturday and didn't practice. And Gilson looked pretty good as he ran with the #1s. Wouldn't surprise me if the combination of Spearman being too green and Gilson being good come fall that Gilson either gets that spot or Alston moves outside and Gilson gets the MLB spot... I'm not sith lord absoluting it but either scenario are not impossibilities. They are still evaluating what they have and want to get the best 3 on the field

How about gilson for perry?
Hadn't heard recently anyway that Perry has been struggling. He being a senior he isn't making the mental mistakes that Spearman must be. My two cents is that the coaches don't do well with mental mistakes and them being out of position on plays. They deal better with physical short comings such as if they aren't getting off blocks or getting beat in coverage so long as they were where they are supposed to be. I know they've said that they don't mind those mental mistake so much as long as they are playing fast and aggressive. But that's only up to the point if their ability over compensates for it and it's spring ball. When it comes to who plays come the UNI game. I think smarts will trump ability depending on how they measure out.

Not sure about those guys... When it comes to some of those pictures those could have been from drills and not so much 11 on 11 scrimmaging. But I have heard that Alston tweaked his hammy the other day I think it was Saturday and didn't practice. And Gilson looked pretty good as he ran with the #1s. Wouldn't surprise me if the combination of Spearman being too green and Gilson being good come fall that Gilson either gets that spot or Alston moves outside and Gilson gets the MLB spot... I'm not sith lord absoluting it but either scenario are not impossibilities. They are still evaluating what they have and want to get the best 3 on the field

Thanks for the insight!
The pictures that I was referring to sure look like a scrimmage, but I suppose it could be difficult to tell. I know they usually try to keep the ones and twos going against eachother so when I saw Bower and Foster mixing it up with some offensive contributors I figured one of two things... They are either looking good or some guys aren't practicing.

I had heard a week ago that Gilson has been looking good. That's nice to know in case something happens to Alston during the season.

Thanks for the insight!
The pictures that I was referring to sure look like a scrimmage, but I suppose it could be difficult to tell. I know they usually try to keep the ones and twos going against eachother so when I saw Bower and Foster mixing it up with some offensive contributors I figured one of two things... They are either looking good or some guys aren't practicing.

I had heard a week ago that Gilson has been looking good. That's nice to know in case something happens to Alston during the season.
Yea well that's just me guessing and running my mouth without having seen what pictures your even talking about lol. It should be a fun year so far nobody has been seriously hurt sure hope that continues and I can't wait to watch the spring "game"

Not sure that Palmer Foster is still out or not. I remember last year that Levar Woods tweeted out a picture of the SR LB's after their last home game & he was included in it. Also, Chad Gilson switched to #50 & since Palmer Foster was also wore # 50 (it would be odd to have two players at the same position wearing the same #), I would not be surprised if the player in the picture is actually Gilson, not Foster. Plus, I am not certain that Foster has ever seen the field, whereas Jim Reid has specifically mentioned Gilson's name as looking good in practice thus far. As for Bower, he is #41 & is still an LBer as far as I know. Davi Tann s #11 & is a DB. It could be that they listed the wrong position for Bower in the caption or it could be that the photo is actually of Tann,, not Bower as the # could be a little hard to read. It would not be the first time players have been misidentified in photo's on the Hawkeye site.

Not sure that Palmer Foster is still out or not. I remember last year that Levar Woods tweeted out a picture of the SR LB's after their last home game & he was included in it. Also, Chad Gilson switched to #50 & since Palmer Foster was also wore # 50 (it would be odd to have two players at the same position wearing the same #), I would not be surprised if the player in the picture is actually Gilson, not Foster. Plus, I am not certain that Foster has ever seen the field, whereas Jim Reid has specifically mentioned Gilson's name as looking good in practice thus far. As for Bower, he is #41 & is still an LBer as far as I know. Davi Tann s #11 & is a DB. It could be that they listed the wrong position for Bower in the caption or it could be that the photo is actually of Tann,, not Bower as the # could be a little hard to read. It would not be the first time players have been misidentified in photo's on the Hawkeye site.

Guess I never thought of that. I've seen a number of more recognizable players misidentified in pictures on Hawkeyesports already this year so it certainly wouldn't surprise me. Amazes me how they can't get a grip on things like that. It shouldn't be that hard to get something like that correct.

So far this spring Gilson has been wearing 46. Even in WDM he was wearing that still. Not sure if he'll get 50 for the spring game or not. But sounds like he'll get it by the time the season starts. The easy way to tell if it's him or not is by the tattoos on both his triceps

Not to get off subject but I've got no time for siths and their dealing in absolutes garbage.

Latest posts