Pac 12 Divisions Announced

They certainly don't have the unity in the Pac 12 that the Big Ten has. The ADs voted on this last week and it was 7-5 for the proposal. That could cause some friction down the road.

Don't know how i missed it, but the Championship game will be played on the someones home field. Not sure how i feel about this. What happens if the division winners have the same record?

The conference also formally approved a football championship game with the start of division play. NCAA rules require 12 teams and two divisions to stage a lucrative championship game. The Pac-12 will hold its game at the campus site of the division champion with the best conference record.

Scott said the conference chose a campus site over a neutral location to create a superior environment and to reward the better team. He said he was not concerned about bad weather in December, saying it's something the NFL deals with in its playoffs.

Also, i didn't realize the L.A. teams had previously got a larger share of the TV revenue.

I liked the "zipper" idea better

Blue
Washington
Oregon
California
UCLA
Arizona
Colorado

Red
Washington State
Oregon State
Stanford
Southern Cal
Arizona State
Utah

I'm scratching my head. All this consternation about the 4 California schools continuing to play each other every year or not... so they split them up and then use the "cross-over rivalry" stuff.

Considering there isn't nearly the talk about keeping some kind of power balance between the two divisions (where as that stuff dominated the Big Ten divisional discussions), I don't know why they didn't just keep the four schools together along with the two AZ schools. Andd the articles I've read simply don't even bother to answer that.

Latest posts