Overhelping

Bigtenchamp

This appears to be a coaching issue because ive seen it for years now.

we help too early and often when its not needed.. leaving people wide open and easy ball reversals,

In our zone in the first half I saw 3 instances where a player in the zone ran unessarily out of their spot in the zone to guard someone who was already guarded.

As long as this trend continues teams going to get wide open shots.

we help too early and often when its not needed.. leaving people wide open and easy ball reversals,

In our zone in the first half I saw 3 instances where a player in the zone ran unessarily out of their spot in the zone to guard someone who was already guarded.

i wonder if that is just confusion; certainly, that wouldn't be the game plan. what i saw was that PSU had a specific plan to allow iowa's defense to move to a point where there was a 2 on 1 on the perimeter and a skip pass forced iowa defender to make a decision. PSU was hot from range, also. that helps them.

We don’t have the athletes to play man to man or the athletes to play an effective zone