Over?

SonofaSailor

What's all this moping around crap? I read all these threads and it seems like everyone is giving the hawks no shot?! What happened to the Hawkeyenation I used to know, that stood by the hawks??

If Kinnick isn't rocking Saturday we as a fan base should be ashamed of ourselves....the division title runs through Kinnick (well almost certainly does, Minnysoda will wilt)...in the final two games of the season! It doesn't get much bigger than this!

Agree. We can't ask the team to play their best game if the fans don't bring their best game as well. Let's make it very uncomfortable for Wisky on Saturday

I'm with you. It's only Monday and I am already pumped for Saturday. I think the Hawks are going to come out and play balls to the walls for this one.

I also agree! I'm the most excited I've been all year for a game. On paper and in my head I think Iowa will lose. However, I can't ignore the undeniable optimism I feel in my gut for some reason.

10 reasons to feel optimistic:

1. We are at home.
2. We haven't seen our Hawks play in a game yet this year where we were supposed to lose. Every other game has felt a bit underwhelming against a team maybe we should beat. I think we'll play more motivated and looser as an underdog.
3. We were left for dead after the MN game by most. This is a bit like getting an onside kick with 1:00 left and down by a TD. New life!
4. Wisconsin will be riding a huge high after their win last week. Hard to carry that kind of energy from game to game. In other words, what goes up, must come down effect. They were laughing and having a good time at the end of the Nebraska game. Almost as if to say, " this is too easy!" Well, maybe it was...
5. Their main weapon, Gordon, will be hearing all the hype in overdrive now. Hard for a 22 year old not to start drinking their own kool-aid.
6. How many times have we seen a situation like this play out in college football (especially this year) where a team has a huge win the week before and go on the road and "lay an egg" the next week.
7. Despite the general sentiment on this board the last few weeks, I believe most Iowa fans will come out pumped on on Saturday.
8. Wisconsin has not played in this kind of hostile road environment yet this year (at NW, at Rutgers, at Purdue).
9. We have lost the last 2 home games vs. Wisconsin. Law of averages says it won't be a 3rd in a row.
10. We had a stabilizing win vs. Illinois last Saturday to give the team the flame of confidence it needs.

I think Wisconsin is probably the better team. I just think this situation favors the Hawks and I can picture us ambushing them! I'll be there pumped and ready! Let's go Hawks! Nothing to lose!

I also agree! I'm the most excited I've been all year for a game. On paper and in my head I think Iowa will lose. However, I can't ignore the undeniable optimism I feel in my gut for some reason.

10 reasons to feel optimistic:

1. We are at home.
2. We haven't seen our Hawks play in a game yet this year where we were supposed to lose. Every other game has felt a bit underwhelming against a team maybe we should beat. I think we'll play more motivated and looser as an underdog.
3. We were left for dead after the MN game by most. This is a bit like getting an onside kick with 1:00 left and down by a TD. New life!
4. Wisconsin will be riding a huge high after their win last week. Hard to carry that kind of energy from game to game. In other words, what goes up, must come down effect. They were laughing and having a good time at the end of the Nebraska game. Almost as if to say, " this is too easy!" Well, maybe it was...
5. Their main weapon, Gordon, will be hearing all the hype in overdrive now. Hard for a 22 year old not to start drinking their own kool-aid.
6. How many times have we seen a situation like this play out in college football (especially this year) where a team has a huge win the week before and go on the road and "lay an egg" the next week.
7. Despite the general sentiment on this board the last few weeks, I believe most Iowa fans will come out pumped on on Saturday.
8. Wisconsin has not played in this kind of hostile road environment yet this year (at NW, at Rutgers, at Purdue).
9. We have lost the last 2 home games vs. Wisconsin. Law of averages says it won't be a 3rd in a row.
10. We had a stabilizing win vs. Illinois last Saturday to give the team the flame of confidence it needs.

I think Wisconsin is probably the better team. I just think this situation favors the Hawks and I can picture us ambushing them! I'll be there pumped and ready! Let's go Hawks! Nothing to lose!

Exactly I feel like that husker game set this week up perfectly. This is the most excited I have been for a game in at least a few years. And I just have this good feeling...Minnesota is going to lose at 11 this Saturday to a ticked off husker team....the Hawks are going to take care of business...and Saturday night they're in the driver seat for Indy!!!!

What's all this moping around crap? I read all these threads and it seems like everyone is giving the hawks no shot?! What happened to the Hawkeyenation I used to know, that stood by the hawks??

dougkenney.jpg

This is a message board, what the hellwe supposed to do moron?

I'm excited for this game without a doubt but recently when Iowa's had big opportunities in front of them they end up crapping the bed and play flat and uninspired. When they do that, it's hard for fans to get excited. The crowd will be jacked Saturday, you'd THINK the team would feed off that but as we know with Kirk, he treats every single game the same and doesn't let his team get too fired up or down. All I know is if this team plays flat and uninpired after what is on the line and fans ready to go bezerk, then Kirk is going to lose more support. Will further prove he's lost his touch to inspire a team. The "Business as usual" model is quite frankly getting very old.

Had tickets months ago. Kind of thought this game might be important.
We have a real shot, but we are going to have to really step up the physicality. Neither of the next two is a push over.

This weekend will be a huge challenge, but I'm excited about the opportunity. See you all at Kinnick!

I might be in the minority here, but I think the Athletic Department needs to drop the football program before the game Saturday. It seems clear that Ferentz has won just enough to keep from getting fired, and his team won't really win another game unless they have to. Wisconsin was on Sportscenter last saturday, so they must be really good. I just think its clear that the best days are behind us.

Latest posts