Our team isn't very bright

HaydenHawk56

After the game last night at Minny, on the way out of Williams Arena, just as the Iowa team was heading for the team bus, someone stole it! Fran said, "Did you see the guy that did it?" Several of the players said, "No, but we got the license plate."

primary_EB19830220PEOPLE101009995AR.jpg

After the game last night at Minny, on the way out of Williams Arena, just as the Iowa team was heading for the team bus, someone stole it! Fran said, "Did you see the guy that did it?" Several of the players said, "No, but we got the license plate."

primary_EB19830220PEOPLE101009995AR.jpg
Watch out, bud. @HuckFinn will be here in a hot minute to straighten your ass out. No badmouthing allowed, and it’s a new rule (or an old one I didn’t know about) that you have to submit to him a draft of all prospective posts to make sure they adhere to the HuckFinn Code Of Moral Integrity. Ban hammer if you don’t.

Watch out, bud. @HuckFinn will be here in a hot minute to straighten your ass out. No badmouthing allowed, and it’s a new rule (or an old one I didn’t know about) that you have to submit to him a draft of all prospective posts to make sure they adhere to the HuckFinn Code Of Moral Integrity. Ban hammer if you don’t.

Thanks for the heads up. Is he related to Gary Barta? Makes sense. ;)

Got to have humor at this point. It has helped me get through this sad slog of a basketball season.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. Is he related to Gary Barta? Makes sense. ;)

Got to have humor at this point. It has helped me get through this sad slog of a basketball season.

Just so you will know, I did not blast FRY or anyone else for bad mouthing Barta or Fran, of KF, or BF, which he is so fond of doing. I called him out because of some really nasty personal attacks on Iowa basketball players. I can also tell you that he is so butt hurt that he has been all over the place going after me in like, 9 or 10 posts. Methinks he protests too much. Take a look at the thread from about page 4 on in the "its about time the media" thread and judge for yourself.

Just so you will know, I did not blast FRY or anyone else for bad mouthing Barta or Fran, of KF, or BF, which he is so fond of doing. I called him out because of some really nasty personal attacks on Iowa basketball players. I can also tell you that he is so butt hurt that he has been all over the place going after me in like, 9 or 10 posts. Methinks he protests too much. Take a look at the thread from about page 4 on in the "its about time the media" thread and judge for yourself.
I don’t bad mouth Fran. I like Fran. I have however said he shouldn’t be coaching next year if the Hawks don’t make the NCAA. I also said it won’t happen because of Barta’s genius buyout.

I think you’re the only one butthurt here. The rest of us seem to think it’s hilarious that you’re so worked up

I don’t bad mouth Fran. I like Fran. I have however said he shouldn’t be coaching next year if the Hawks don’t make the NCAA. I also said it won’t happen because of Barta’s genius buyout.

I think you’re the only one butthurt here. The rest of us seem to think it’s hilarious that you’re so worked up

I am fine with your view that I am "butthurt." Do me a favor: Go back and read the comments made and liked by several of you that reference individual Iowa players, not just their skill level but there personal lives. If you still stand by those comments as appropriate, I guess we are done talking. Up to you.

I am fine with your view that I am "butthurt." Do me a favor: Go back and read the comments made and liked by several of you that reference individual Iowa players, not just their skill level but there personal lives. If you still stand by those comments as appropriate, I guess we are done talking. Up to you.
If you think I give two shits what you think is appropriate then you should probably check the carbon monoxide levels in your house. I don’t need your moral guidance. If you don’t like it, don’t read it. Simple as that.

Thanks Huck. I will take a look. Hopefully, most can tell the difference between an attack and generalized humor. I know despite the team's woes, they are still human beings with feelings. They can't help that they were recruited by this staff or the xs and os that are given to them.

If you think I give two shits what you think is appropriate then you should probably check the carbon monoxide levels in your house. I don’t need your moral guidance. If you don’t like it, don’t read it. Simple as that.

I won't call you a coward because you refuse to re-visit comments about individual players. I will say that your failure to act is cowardly. I think you have made it abundantly clear that you do not care what I think. I don't pass out moral guidance, I simply stand tall on what I believe. If you don't like it, don't read it. As you said, its as simple as that.

I will say that your failure to act is cowardly.
I don’t have anything to act on. I know exactly what I said. The fact that you’re so arrogant as to tell someone how to think and speak leads me to believe that you’re either not as enlightened as you play yourself off to be, or a crotchety, angry old man who’s 8-10 years away from the nursing home and longing for the good ole days when by god, people did what he said. I suspect it’s a combination of both.

I don't pass out moral guidance, I simply stand tall on what I believe.
You told several folks here not to say what they said, demanded apologies, and complained to the owners about something you were (too easily) offended by.

Call a spade a spade...

That’s either “pass[ing] out moral guidance,” or incessant whining. You can choose what to call it. I’ll go with the latter.

I don’t have anything to act on. I know exactly what I said. The fact that you’re so arrogant as to tell someone how to think and speak leads me to believe that you’re either not as enlightened as you play yourself off to be, or a crotchety, angry old man who’s 8-10 years away from the nursing home and longing for the good ole days when by god, people did what he said. I suspect it’s a combination of both.

You told several folks here not to say what they said, demanded apologies, and complained to the owners about something you were (too easily) offended by.

Call a spade a spade...

That’s either “pass[ing] out moral guidance,” or incessant whining. You can choose what to call it. I’ll go with the latter.
help yourself. done with you.

Call a spade a spade...

You are really having a tough time with my posts, aren't you? Maybe you should see a shrink...

Latest posts