OUR NEXT OVERSEAS TRIP?

My conspiracy theory is Iowa teh sucks the seasons they go over seas. Not one bit of any validation for that thought.... I just think it increases the burn out level.

Yeah the NCAA rule is once every 4 years and Iowa went during the disastrous 2017 season

I still dry heave just thinking about that season

Yeah the NCAA rule is once every 4 years and Iowa went during the disastrous 2017 season

The worst part about that season was how every game was the exact same. I would get pumped up before it started thinking this was the game where they turn it around, they would get off to a good start, then at the 15 minute mark of the first half they would tank bad and be down 15-20 points by the 5 minute mark. It was that 10 minute stretch that screwed them every single game. The 2nd halfs weren't even worth watching. Then I would for some reason convince myself the next game would be different, just to watch it all again. Man that year sucked.

The worst part about that season was how every game was the exact same. I would get pumped up before it started thinking this was the game where they turn it around, they would get off to a good start, then at the 15 minute mark of the first half they would tank bad and be down 15-20 points by the 5 minute mark. It was that 10 minute stretch that screwed them every single game. The 2nd halfs weren't even worth watching. Then I would for some reason convince myself the next game would be different, just to watch it all again. Man that year sucked.

It was bad... it was like watching the Lick years but we seemed even less competitive in some ways. I don't know if I can ever do another one of those. If it happens again Fran will lose me for good.

It was bad... it was like watching the Lick years but we seemed even less competitive in some ways. I don't know if I can ever do another one of those. If it happens again Fran will lose me for good.

I remember that early season tournament they were in...I forget where...like Cayman Islands or something. I was super excited to watch them play and they were playing in that tiny gym on a shitty live stream...and lost to Louisiana. I thought "hey this is ok its a weird overseas game and blah blah blah"....then they lost the next day to South Dakota State and the season was officially over before it really started.

I remember that early season tournament they were in...I forget where...like Cayman Islands or something. I was super excited to watch them play and they were playing in that tiny gym on a shitty live stream...and lost to Louisiana. I thought "hey this is ok its a weird overseas game and blah blah blah"....then they lost the next day to South Dakota State and the season was officially over before it really started.

Yea once that second loss happened we knew the tournament was already out of the question and we were only a handful of games into the year. I was at work watching from my phone and couldn't believe how bad those two crappy teams dominated us. It's not like they shot out of their minds and snuck out a lucky win. They straight up dominated us from start to finish.

Yea once that second loss happened we knew the tournament was already out of the question and we were only a handful of games into the year. I was at work watching from my phone and couldn't believe how bad those two crappy teams dominated us. It's not like they shot out of their minds and snuck out a lucky win. They straight up dominated us from start to finish.

I still dont understand that team and never will, maybe the most confusing season of Iowa basketball I've ever witnessed. They only lost Peter Jok from the previous season where they finished 10-8 in the Big Ten and narrowly missed the NCAA tournament. Suddenly without Jok they go 4-14 in the big ten and have a losing overall record? Jok was a stud scorer but its not like he did much else.

Truly befuddling.

I still dont understand that team and never will, maybe the most confusing season of Iowa basketball I've ever witnessed. They only lost Peter Jok from the previous season where they finished 10-8 in the Big Ten and narrowly missed the NCAA tournament. Suddenly without Jok they go 4-14 in the big ten and have a losing overall record? Jok was a stud scorer but its not like he did much else.

Truly befuddling.

All the young players got a big head from finishing strong the year before. They thought they could run everyone our of the gym and quit caring at all about defense. By the time they knew what hit them, their season was toast and they packed it in. That's my theory anyway. I think they even proved me right the following year by starting fresh and being competitive again. Weiskamp was good, but not that good.

I remember the last one... Iowa beat up on a bunch of tomato cans and got me all excited thinking they would have a good season. They didn't.:p

Yeah, I fell for that bullshit. I was talking chemistry and camaraderie being developed and none of that factored into what turned out to be a trainwreck of a season. Garza and Uhl played great during that tour, other than Garza flashing here and there it didn't translate to anything.

If they give the same effort after going overseas that they did the last time as far as I'm concerned they can just stay over there.

I gave Fran a free pass for that season. There’s not enough on the resume to allow another one. At least not soon anyway.