Our guards off the bench

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say Connor won’t be playing Basketball in 2 years. Of Fran’s kids, Patrick is going to by far have the most success playing hoops at Iowa. Not a knock on Connor, but this isn’t Iowa High School hoops. He just isn’t a Big Ten starting point guard. Touissant will be saving grace next year. There will be bumps and bruises for Joe, but he needs to get ALL the backup PG minutes next year.

Conner, Dailey, and Moss were brutal today. It's why this team is going nowhere in the postseason. Wish I was wrong, hope I'm wrong.

Connor needs to play baseball because he's not a D-1 quality guard. He should not be on the roster at all next year.

I agree. Jordan should play 36 minutes a game. Half of them at the 2 while Touissant plays 20 minutes of PG per game. Connor would do the program a favor by choosing Baseball next year. Touissant is the future and needs all the experience

Joe was recruited for a reason. The closer it gets to baseball season the worse Connor plays. Some baseball person will eventually get in Connor's ear and that will be that.

When Rutgers got those back to back dunks after Iowa cut it to twelve Connor was seen looking at the bench when he should have been getting back on defense.

Incoming '20 class will be huge and crucial for this regime. You will certainly see at least one point guard in that class.

Im
Connor needs to play baseball because he's not a D-1 quality guard. He should not be on the roster at all next year.
I'm not going that far, he can be effective against the right type of player, but like Bohannon isn't quick enough to get his team into their offense.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say Connor won’t be playing Basketball in 2 years. Of Fran’s kids, Patrick is going to by far have the most success playing hoops at Iowa. Not a knock on Connor, but this isn’t Iowa High School hoops. He just isn’t a Big Ten starting point guard. Touissant will be saving grace next year. There will be bumps and bruises for Joe, but he needs to get ALL the backup PG minutes next year.
Back up minutes???????? He needs to play 40 minutes if we have any shot of improvement

Back up minutes???????? He needs to play 40 minutes if we have any shot of improvement
I agree, plug him in like Wiescamp, by midseason hopefully we have a player like Harper. Conner will still get his minutes at back up guard or small forward.

No argument with that at all. I’m all aboard the Touissant hype train. I’ve seen enough of Connor to realize he will never lead us to a different level. He’s serviceable, but that won’t cut it for this program in Fran’s second decade as coach. Let Joe play. My main point was he better not be sitting on the bench while Connor is playing backup PG next year. It makes most sense for Connor to play baseball looking at the future

Where the heck are CM’s supporters on this thread? In another thread, they say any CM detractor knows nothing about BB, that he is a leader on the floor, etc etc? He is the shortest 6’5”’guard I’ve ever seen, slow, can’t shoot at this level but occasionally drop a nugget of a pass for an assist. Fran plats him because he is his son, CM gets zero minutes on any other team in the BIG imo

I’m going to bet your wrong and Fran is grooming CM for a bigger role and if I’m not wrong boy are we in trouble..

I’m going to bet your wrong and Fran is grooming CM for a bigger role and if I’m not wrong boy are we in trouble..

I hope I’m not wrong. I have nothing against Connor like I said, but he’s wasting his time playing Basketball. He gave it a shot. He won’t have any regrets growing up. He had some nice moments. He needs to make the right choice and read the writing on the wall. His daddy’s job and future are better off without him on the team next year.

He seems alright at driving at the rim given his physical assets. I thought he was going to be a player that would learn to rack up assist but he hasnt been doing that.

Hate to say it but YES. Love his fire and competitiveness but too slow of foot. Serviceable guard in the MAC. Baseball is his future for sure

Latest posts