Our AD Barta

BILLBUCKNER

If any one wants to point fingers at someone for the state of the program,I would start with Barta. He is the guy that has tied us to KF until 2020 for better or for worse. When KF signed that extension, things were looking up..It doesn't look so good now. But what if he had dug his heels in and said no to KF's agent on the extension. And KF left(not that I really think he would,he's got a good thing going with his family here)What would your opinion had been?

Ferentz was coming off of one of the best seasons in god knows how long, why not give him a better contract at that time. Nobody could have known that the program would be in shambles at this point in time. If anything there should have been an escape clause.

Ferentz was coming off of one of the best seasons in god knows how long, why not give him a better contract at that time. Nobody could have known that the program would be in shambles at this point in time. If anything there should have been an escape clause.

Um, yes some of us could know. But most just don't want to listen. They just think when the program is down it will be down forever, when it's up...

Se also need to blame Barta for raising funds for a new football practice facility, and hiring that Brands guy, and that Fran guy, and the new BBall facility....

Se also need to blame Barta for raising funds for a new football practice facility, and hiring that Brands guy, and that Fran guy, and the new BBall facility....

Thank Ferentz and his Orange Bowl for that. Football brings in the money and business has been good the last decade with Ferentz at the helm. Yet some are all over him for a down year this year. Ridiculous. Barta has literally done nothing yet as an AD. Hopefully Fran works out like we think but that's still an unknown.

edit. meant barta

keep telling yourself that. Look at our PR department in the athletic office. It's an embarrassment. Look at the contract he gave to LIck. Terrible.

Wow, you seriously have no clue what you're talking about.

Now take that shovel and dig some moar!

Wow, you seriously have no clue what you're talking about.

Now take that shovel and dig some moar!

Actually I do. Argue the PR. Go ahead. Argue the Lick contract. I'd like to hear that spin. Argue how the job hires for basketball went when he made it public who he was going after so we were publicly shot down over and over again. I'd like to hear your spin. I really would. He's an awful AD.

Actually I do. Argue the PR. Go ahead. Argue the Lick contract. I'd like to hear that spin. Argue how the job hires for basketball went when he made it public who he was going after so we were publicly shot down over and over again. I'd like to hear your spin. I really would. He's an awful AD.

Arguing with Ghost is like arguing with a brick wall.

Uh, Iowa has been last in the Director's Cup 7 of past 10 years (Barta been there 6 yrs) for B10 teams, including last year. So, I don't know how you want to grade the guy, but that is pretty pathetic. Now, I could care less about swimming and volleyball. We all know 2 sports make the world go round. So far he hired Lick, which was an unmitigated disaster. On his second try, he hired Fran, who might work out, we don't know. Regardless, the MBB program has essentially become Northwestern in terms of fan interest and success under Barta to this point. With respect to FB, the results have been mixed, with the trend strongly downward. Top that off with the fact that Barta has made it impossible to make a change and I don't think his performance is what you would describe as "strong".

http://www.press-citizen.com/articl...8260022/UI-continues-struggle-Directors-Cupst

Latest posts