OSU Vacating 2010 Victories/Sugar Bowl

Iowa should now the winner of that game, and now be 9-4. This would be the same as UCLA in 1977, Iowa won their game against them in a forfeit that year.

Last edited:
Then who is the winner? If OSU no longer claims the win then why can't Iowa? Someone must have a win from the game.

UFownsOSUtag.jpg

I did some further research on this, UCLA was forced to fully forfeit due to a single ineligible player, giving Iowa the win. OSU had multiple ineligible players, so OSU should be forced to do the same here, and more.

The next step needs to be for the NCAA committee on infractions to make the official forfeits. Iowa fans, and fans of all other teams cheated out of a win should pressure the NCAA to make this happen.

Last edited:
Where is the outrage about Tressel not resigning, but now retiring (to what I'm sure is a hefty pension) and the forgiveness of the $250,000 in fees?

Big headline is giving up wins (which everyone knows was coming), but the real colors of the school show when they package a sweet deal for Tress and then throw him under the bus to the public so the school isn't the problem it was that guy who is now gone.

That is fickin awesome! and I hate the SEC and florida, but give it up to the person who got that plate.

And to those of you worried about getting a win vs vacating the loss - at this point it really doesn't matter. The game is over - we lost on the field - even thou to inelgible players. I personally think vacating wins is a stupid penalty - it doesn't affect anyone - the players played the game, they know what happened. Unless you hit them in the pocketbook (bowl game ban/removing scholarships) you don't do a thing!

If you ever go over to the hineygate board you can get caught up with the dillusional buckeye fans, who think this is going to be enough to get the NCAA off their backs.

Latest posts