Oregon offering Izzo?

iafundir

Scroll at the bottom of espn read that Oregon is interested in making Tom Izzo the highest paid coach in the nation. They can't talk until Mich. St. is eliminated but that must be the rumor coming out of Oregon. Apparently Phil Knight must think Izzo is the best coach in the nation, can't say I disagree. Can you imagine, best facilities in the country, along with Izzo as coach, and all the uniforms his heart desires. Not saying Izzo would ever leave, but it has been thrown out there.

Last edited:
Izzo will retire the coach at MSU. I am sure he appreciates this coming up during the Final Four week. I would love for him to go but he won't.

All this means is MSU will probably be giving Izzo a raise. He's one of the top coaches in the country (if not the very best). MSU isn't going to just let him walk away.

Izzo is in a great position..leverage wise. I doubt that MSU will pay him 3.5 million/yr tho. His old mentor Jud Heathcote is in the Pac NW now...so,I bet they make a real play for Izzo.
He is a Iron Mountain boy tho, so maybe he sticks. At the very least,he will be getting another raise from MSU...up to maybe 2.5-3 million.

Just because they are offering him the most money out of any other coach in the country doesnt mean he will go. He is at the top at MSU, its a basketball school and he is constantly going to the Final Four and Elite 8.

Cowherd said they are offering $3.5 mil. Every Big Ten team should throw in a million dollars to make the 1st year worth $13.5 mil. Maybe that would be enough to get him to leave so the rest of the teams have a chance to win ;)

Latest posts