OOC Away Games?

hwkwyld

In light of the "Let's never play West of the Rockies again" feeling on this board, let me ask you this:

Who/where would you like to see the Hawks play an OOC game?

Personally I'd like to see the Hawks play Ole Miss. I'm dying to tailgate at "The Grove" ;):eek::D

ole-miss-grove.jpg

clip_image001_082.jpg

thegrove2.jpg

allg.jpg

ole-miss-grove-1.jpg

Considering our OOC shcedule is filled up until 2015 when we will switch to the 9 game conference schedule you can look forward to trips to Ames and Chicago for a neutral site game. After 2015, don't expect any traveling whatsoever except for Ames every other year.

I continue to like Ferentz's sentiment of keeping things in Iowa's recruiting territory.

To that end, I'd probably advocate playing teams like:

Rutgers
Pitt
USF
FSU
Florida
Miami
Boston College
UConn
Baylor
Texas A&M
Texas
Missouri (of course, we've tried this one before)

I continue to like Ferentz's sentiment of keeping things in Iowa's recruiting territory.

To that end, I'd probably advocate playing teams like:

Rutgers
Pitt
USF
FSU
Florida
Miami
Boston College
UConn
Baylor
Texas A&M
Texas
Missouri (of course, we've tried this one before)

I would agree with most of these with the exception of the bolded ones and I would add Notre Shame to the list. Florida wont be feasible because you wont get a return trip from them, they dont like to play out of their state in OOC. Baylor is puzzling, they are the worst team in the B12 and really dont even belong in the conference, I liken them to playing a C-USA team. If you are just looking to play teams in TX for recruiting I would take Baylor off the list and replace it with TCU or Houston. TCU is and has been for awhile a very good program and Houston is in a large population area.

Last edited:
I would say going to be Ames and Chicago in the future with a 9 game season maybe on the horizon will make it difficult for different locations for sure. Ole Miss would be fun something new and different.

Latest posts